“excellent food and wines, but price a bit high”
Review of La Pioda

La Pioda
Reserve with
La Pioda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Livigno
Price range: US$28 - US$61
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Typical Restaurant in Livigno. Extremely warm and welcoming. Local specialties, the Pizzoccheri Valtellina, game, mushrooms and meat cooked on a hot stone. The desserts: apple pancakes with warm vanilla and cinnamon ice cream, sorbet creamy Braulio and buckwheat cake with caramelized apples and elderberries.
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent food and wines, but price a bit high”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

For sure one of best restaurants of Livigno with a great mountain but still legant atmosphere.
Meat on the Pioda is excellent, so are most dishes in the menu.
Great choices of wines.
Only one small remark: prices, both wine and food, are significantly higher than the average in Livigno.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything delicious!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I staid 3 days in the nearby Hotel Astra, and had dinner every evening at the restaurt.
Every single dish I had, was simply fabulous, rich of taste, and abundant!
The personnel is very kind and caring, and will satisfy any special request.
I had the dinner included with the room price in the hotel, and the price I paid was very good for the quality and quantity of food.
Suggested!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Francesco L
Ireland
“Disappointing :(”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We went to this restaurant following reviews on tripadvisor but got very disappointed, atmosphere in general was ok, food was far away from good, but worth part was service - we asked for water 3 times and still didn't get it, ordered glass of milk didn't get it either, when some of us had main courses eaten they weren't served to the others at all, very unpleasant experience I should say for the value you pay.

1 Thank Ramune185
Essex
“Great little surprise in the snow.....”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We visited for supper whilst on holiday in Livigno, with our 3 children. Well what a delight, the surroundings are comfy and clean, not pompous, the service was very friendly and attentive, our waiter was happy to organise and offer advise on the wine for us.

The food itself was superb, my youngest son is a little fussy, he ordered a fillet beef, but didn't want the sauce, they were very happy to accomodate his request, we all ordered, our food came at different times and was a little slow in places, however, its Italy & the food was lovely when it turned up!

Only complaint which I have to say was eventually rectified, I ordered a cheese borad for dessert, they actually brought me deep fried cheese balls, I quickly informed them of the mistake, about 30 mins later they brought me the cheese board which I very much enjoyed... the kids had various different chocolate desserts, the chocolate fountain went down very well..

All in all, a lovely evening, slightly more expensive than the surrounding restaurants, but for a ski resort, we left having had a lovely meal, great quality food & excellent service, well worth the extra few euros....
definitely worth a visit whilst in Livigno......

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BellaBellaEssex
Skierniewice
“Great food!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Great food quality, great wine, for me the best restaurant in Livingo (but I don't try all :-) ). Quite expensive, but food quality is really great, for sure try it at least one time. Needed reservations becausce of many guest, so remember. Service is not fast but very nice. Great muscate wine for dessert :-).

Visited February 2013