“Canteen, Italian style”

Ranked #60 of 114 Restaurants in Livigno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Food, service are excellant. Very good value for money.
“Canteen, Italian style”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This restaurant is much better than it looks.
The terrace in front of the restaurant is standard and ok. You are however immediately reminded of a canteen, when you enter the restaurant. The clattering sounds, the swift waiters who don't waste a lot of time with friendliness, and the way the chairs and tables are distributed are not very inviting.
The atmosphere is somewhat better in the room to the left of the entrance. There too bottles are sometimes plonked on the tables, as the waiters already turn around.
The food, however, is quite good and certainly very good value. We went there several times during our stay.

• Visited July 2014

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Stolen mobile phone!!!!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We are here several times during our holiday to livigno last month as we thought it was good value for money and there was never a queue. We ate here on our last evening and I had my mobile phone stolen. I was distracted as we got ready to leave the restaurant as my autistic son was on crutches due to an earlier in the week ski-ing accident and he was requiring so much help to get him ready to leave. I accidentally left my mobile phone on our table but sent my husband back into the restaurant 5 minutes later when I had realised my mistake. Our table had been cleared and the waiter had picked up his generous tip but my phone was nowhere to be seen. My husband asked our waiter if he has seen the phone but he said he hadn't. My husband immediately tried to call my number but the phone has already been switched off. We reported the theft to the local police and cancelled the phones sim...I still have 18 months to pay on the contract and more importantly it contained all my photos and videos of my 3 boys on their first ever ski holiday. I can't say who stole my phone but I contacted the restaurant management upon arriving back in the uk and asked them if they could investigate. To date I haven't received a reply not even to say how sorry they were. This is a shame as it's a good reasonable priced restaurant but if you choose to go then watch your valuables.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Laura M
Kirkby Lonsdale
“Lovely as always”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We always eat here at least twice whenever we visit Livigno. Super value for money, pizzas for eight euro! Really friendly staff, prompt service. We are usually quite a large group and despite never booking they always seem to be able to accommodate us.

Visited January 2014
“Very good”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Good service. Whatever you order, it's amazing. The food and service were nearly flawless, and the atmosphere was nice. Variety of tasty regional foods. Must try: Minestrone soup.

• Visited January 2014
Odense, Denmark
“Boring food on the mountain”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We waited more than half an hour, in an almost empty restaurant, for food which was halfway raw.
We ordered grilled sausages - they were boiled and cold. We ordered burgers with french fries - the bread was pretty hard and the fries where raw.
We were 5 people 4 burgers and 1 for sausages, one of the "burger people" got hers 10 minutes later than the rest of us.
So regrettably I do not have anything positive to say, except that the staff was polite but they did not leave a positive impression

• Visited December 2013