“Loved Livigno,average hotel.”

Ranked #51 of 79 Hotels in Livigno
belfast
“Loved Livigno,average hotel.”
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Just back from one week's skiing in Livigno.Loved the town and the skiing.Flew from Belfast to Brescia and then endured a 5-6 hour bus ride to the resort.Stayed in Hotel Alaska which is in a great location.Rooms are a bit small and 3 of our party of 4 got bites,presumably from bed bugs.Bathrooms are a bit tired ,but are adequate.The food was average,I thought,but edible.However, the staff were pleasant and helpful.
A great spot nearby was the Bivio-bar/restaurant/night club with an hotel out the back.Would mos def go back to Livigno (in spite of the -----numbing bus journey) but might try a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank oldfogeybelfast

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Very small rooms, waiters that want to cheat, I'll never recomend this hotel to my friends or relatives

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank An2nio_2009
Grantham
Reviewed 10 August 2008

My friend and I were touring northern Italy on motorcycles, we decided to stay over night in Livigno.

We were enroute to Switzerland and then on to Austria.

We saw the Hotel Alaska and I made enquiries at reception as to what rooms were available and the cost for one nights stay with breakfast.
The lady on reception quoted 50 Euros for a twin bedded room and a further 10 Euros each for breakfast, making a total of 70 Euros. I took the room.

After breakfast the next morning I went to pay the bill. I handed over my credit card and the gentleman on reception showed me a printed invoice showing 70 Euros.

I duly signed the transaction, and we left the hotel. Later that day on checking my receipt I discovered hotel Alaska had charged 95 Euros to my credit card.

I pointed this out to my friend, who then told me that he had also paid them 35 Euros, his half of the bill.

So we finished up paying a total of 130 Euros, 60 Euros over the agreed price.

On return home I contacted hotel Alaska. Although they agreed to refund 60 Euros, weve never received any money back.

Hotel Alaska said, they made a mistake. This is rubbish, we were ripped off. I would strongly advise tourists not to use this establishment.

Stayed May 2008

ok no complaints
Staff:
Staff were excelent
Room:
The room we had was not great. No View, No balcony and virtualy no window!!! The window was about 50cm by 75cm. and it looked straight on to the underside of the roof. Avoid if possible rooms on the second floor.

over all liked the hotel the town (hard not to love the place)
remember any one who may go in Dec-Jan. I have been a few times, It gets real cold -28 --> -36 at night. Hence the disco pub next door is a real bonus!!!!

• Liked — food and staff
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bjorn_Toulose
Brighton
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We have recently returned from a half term skiing holiday, having taken with us our 14 year old daughter and her friend.

Never having been to Livigno before, we did not have any particular expectations. The resort itself is perfect for beginners and intermediate skiers. It is high enough to guarantee snow. The town is very pretty and low rise.

The Hotel Alaska is a perfect base to reach the lifts and ski schools. It is not a luxurious hotel, but is clean and basic and provided all we wanted for a skiing holiday with children.

We were concerned that the hotel might be overrun with school parties, particularly bearing in mind we went at half term, but this was not the case.

Breakfast is the usual ham/cheese/cereal etc. At breakfast you choose dinner from a menu with three options in each course. The food was ok, and there was always something we could choose - especially as there was pasta everyday, which helped with the children.

The bar in the hotel is not particularly appealing, but you are within 2 minutes walking distance to the main street with plenty of bars and restaurants.

Overall I would recommend Livigno to anyone who does not want to only ski black runs, and the Hotel Alaska for a basic, well positioned hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bar
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Lincoln
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Stayed at the Alaska with FIrst Choice Ski. Would definately recommend the hotel but not First Choice! It's perfectly positioned within 2 mins walk to the shops, bars and restaurants and is 5 mins from the slopes and lifts. Clean and tidy with friendly staff I found it to be above average for a Itallian 2/3 star hotel. The food was excellent and I would recommend it on that alone. Breakfast was the usual continental style with a good choice and fresh. Dinner was 3 course with at least 3 choices for each (the menu was out at breakfast so you could order for the evening) and I didn't find a bad choice all week. The hotel has a decent bar and cafe, a lift and a good ski/boot store in the basement. An excellent Hotel in a brilliant resort, if I ever return to Livigno then I will definately choose the Alaska again.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — lack of internet access
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank johnpet
liverpool
Reviewed 31 March 2006

I stayed at the alaska,and found the hotel to be of a very good standards and excellent value for money.

The staff were great and i found they really wanted to learn english, it is family run, Dad, Mum and Daughters and all of the staff were very friendly.

The Dad even took us 7 of us to Oblo Restaurant(remo's)Restaurant near kokodi for free which i thought was a great touch. We actually asked for a Taxi and the Dad just drove his mini bus round.

Breakfast was very good, rolls, meat, cheese,cereal, coffee etc...
Evening Meal was good, choice limited but the food was nice although we did eat out a couple of times.

THe rooms were very nice, clean, spacious, the cleaner was there every morning to clean it out. Ours had a balcony

The location is fantastic, a 5 minutes walk to the Motolino Gondola, and literally right next to lift 23(carousella), also about a 10 minute walk to Galli's.

Would definately stay there again, a quiet relaxing hotel, great staff and great location.

Have stayed at the galli sport and galli apartments, and whle the food was better at Galli sport(not the breakfast)and the rooms were better in the galli apts(above marcos video bar), as an all rounder the alsaka was the best hotel.

Will be back next year.