“Fantastic!!!!”

Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in Livigno
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

It was our 3rd tript to Livigno, albeit the first for 10 years, and what a choice of hotel! We were travelling with our 10 year old daughter and some friends and Mauro and the team could not have been more welcoming. The location is excelltent, with just a short walk to ski down to the Carosello gondalo or to the bus stop to the Mottolino side. As for the food, fantatstic and more than enough, and don't miss the buffet night when all the staff are in traditional dress! I cannot recommend this hotel enough and if we do return to Livigno in the future we will certainly stay here again. One point of caution, watch out for Mauro's Sambuca's!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Mauroalpi, Direttore at Hotel Alpi, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Hello Mr. Simon
I really enjoed to welcome you too! I like to have a good fun with my guests and it is very easy to do with so polite and smiling people like you and your family.
It as been only a pity that the week go so fast!!!
I look forward to welcome you and your family.
A big hug also to Scott :-) please!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Moscow
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The correct trip date: Jan 2010

It was my 3rd skiing trip to Livigno, so that I have carefully selected the location and read out all the reviews from all the sources before ordering.

Good: the location - naturally, 5 min of walking in your boots & skis to the school lift & slope and then you can ski down directly to Carosello. When you go back to the hotel from Carosello, it is even easier. The ski bus stop is close enough anyway as well as many big and small shops and bars.

Important: order H/B and you will be impressed - enjoy your dinner, just do not eat (and drink) too much if you still want to ski tomorrow. Or go to the downtown (15-20 min by walk) as the after dinner exercise.

The room: could be bigger but was very clean (more important for me), the sauna was great. Order in advance!

Summing up: no nonsense style of hotel management, you will find all you need in a 3-star private hotel and probably even more. If you need something or have a question - simply ask Mauro. An exemplary style of service, for me.

Room Tip: Ask Mauro if you need a bigger room!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
York
Reviewed 28 April 2011

you really dont need to look any further than this hotel. Mauro the owner is absolutely fab, and was largely responsible for making our holiday so memorable. The food was brilliant, with a lovely 4 course evenin meal each night. All the other staff at the hotel were great too. Thanks Mauro, for everything you did to make our holiday so special (except breaking Paul with those horrible Sambuca's!)
Love Emily and Paul xx

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Teamslater
Mauroalpi, Proprietario at Hotel Alpi, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Hy Emily and Paul,
I'm sorry if I answer you only now, but only today I have understand how to work with trip advisor.
Thank you for your review, and ... about the Sambuca... it wasn't my fault ...hi hi hi hi hi
We add a great time toghether!
I look forward to welcome you again.
lymington
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We stayed over Christmas 2010 - 2 adults 3 kids. We had a great time. Hotel is great and the food absolutely fantastic. Maro the hotel owner is a great host and was wonderful over Christmas. Nice bar too and stupyfyingly strong G&Ts. Very reasonable. Would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rosiebaby
Reviewed 25 February 2010

If I was to go skiing in Livigno I would choose this hotel again. The only reason why I probably won't is because every year we go skiing somewhere else. The room was spacy and tidy, the food was excellent and the location right next to the slopes is very convenient. At the end of the day you can ski down to the hotel door. And if you want to go to the other side of the valley, the free skibus stops almost in front of the hotel every few minutes.
Mauro, the landlord, takes good care of everyone and adds to the friendly and relaxed atmosphere of the place. Everything is a "no-problem" for him and he really makes sure that you feel fine.
Here's my tip: wait till everyone's finished their dinner and gone back to their rooms or the bar and when the family comes out to dine and wine compliment the chef who comes from Sardinia and try her home made mandarin liquer. Not to be missed!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We have been skiiing in Livigno for the last couple of years, staying in a different Hotel each year but when we go back next year we will be staying with Mauro at Le Alpi!

Mauro's a great guy (where does he get the energy?) and was particularily helpful as my airline lost my bag with most of my ski gear in it. Without a second though he headed off and came back with his own ski jacket and salopettes which I borrowed for the first two days till my bag finally arrived. Thanks again Mauro!

The Hotel has a perfect location at the San Rocca end of town. U can walk about 200m to Doss 18 lift across the snow from the back of the hotel (and, even better u can ski back right to the ski locker room) - giving u direct access to the whole west side of the resort. The red (and blue) ski bus stop is 50m away to bring u over the the Mottolina side. We were B&B only but Le Alpi is across the road from Bellavista, and within 5 mins walk are Mario's, La Pioda and the restaurant under Hotel Galli (can't think of it's name but really good). Also only 100m away is Daphne's Pub and a little further Marco's Bar (though nightlife was much quieter this year than even last year).

The rooms are small (or average for the hotels we've stayed in Livigno) but spotless.

Overall another great week in Livigno and I'd recommend Le Alpi to anyone

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I spent 1 week at Le Alpi with my wife and 5 years old son. I have to confirm what I saw in previous reviews. Strategic location next to Carosello lift, you do not need to use a ski bus to Carosello. Ski bus stop is just in front of the hotel (also Trauma clinic :-) if necessary ....) if you want to go to Motollino ski area on the other side of the valley. We really enjoyed a family atmosphere, very good service and Mauro's care. Home made food was fantastic with large wine list, we had a big fun with Mauro's Bombardinos and Grappas. Cozy room with excellent view on Carosello. Ski rental and service is available. We will come back! Thanks Mauro !

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family