“Good value”

and 1 more site!
Hotel San Giovanni
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Livigno
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Not usually one to write reviews but after reading a few bad I thought I'd share, having just returned from a weeks holiday, I found the hotel cosy clean and friendly, I travelled as a family of 6, food was fine, but I have some fussy children and there was always pizza on the menu if nothing suited which was great for us, everywhere was clean and tidy, also after reading a earlier review saying things had gone missing I can honestly say my kids left iPods iPads phones earphones everything out and nothing went missing, the rep around every evening and very helpful the ski slopes were right on your doorstep and if experienced you would be able to ski down to a few different lifts and back the bus service to and from was excellent and all in all we had a fab week at a 3star hotel which was good value for money and I fully intend to book again for next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Charlotte R

Reviewed 11 March 2012

the barman overcharged first night and we never paid the same price for the same drinks but the waiting staff / restaurant management were a pleasure!! the full board menu was great(i put on weight skiing!)the a la carte was excellent , and if you didn't fancy the full board menu , they allowed you/the kids to order from the pizza menu instead. xx loved em

Room Tip: free bus strops outside.so regular.never waited more than 10 mins
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed one week at San Giovanni for skiing in February. Considering that it is probably one of the cheapest places to stay in Livigno during peak season we had a very nice experience. Easy acces to ski area and ski bus, the rooms were clean, there was always hot water, the ski locker was great, there were always people on duty in the bar and the food was fine - except the coffee at breakfast! If you have money to spend you may want to upgrade to somewhere nicer, but for a budget holiday with children (like we were on) this is great.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristina F
Reviewed 13 January 2012

On our 8th visit to Livigno we chose to stay in San Giovanni having had reliable word of mouth recommendations from people who have stayed there.
We were not disappointed!
It felt more like visiting good friends than staying in a hotel. Savio and Armando and their team seemed to be on duty 24 hours a day to make sure every need was catered for.
We went half board and the food was good. You can also dine from the extensive A La Carte menu at a discount or choose a pizza cooked in their authentic wood fired oven.
The ski locker room was spacious and had heated boot rails.
The rooms were clean and were serviced every day. There was even slippers!
Hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank donnysirishgirl
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have been staying at San Giovanni for ten years and I cannot believe some of these reviews. I have always found Savio and his team more than helpful service excellent, food excellent and as for anything been taken this is not true I have left my mink coat on the setee and gone into the dining room and coat was still there when i come out. I am sorry for this guy but truly I have never experience anything like this and anyone I met in my time at Giovannis has had nothing stolen. I just must write this in devence to Savio and his team.I have been there with a group of 12 people many years and as a family other years and this year 2012 I will be back in feb. as a couple. I have stayed at two other hotels and have always come back to Savio. I wish Savio and his team all the best and hope that that bad report will not harm his business that he and his sister work so hard in running. Margaret Ireland

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaretosullivan
Reviewed 11 April 2011

just returned from Fab week sking in Livigno. San Giovanni great little hotel . V good location for ski bus stops. Food in hotel excellent . Staff so friendly , nothing too much trouble for them. Very clean , cosy, comfortable. Definately would return.

Room Tip: Eat in hotel ! Food great
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lynnmills17
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Just returned from 1 weeks skiing in Livigno, stayed at the San Giovanni. My husband and I travelled with two other couples. This was my husbands fifth stay at San Giovanni and my second. This is a very friendly family run hotel. The hotel has 17 rooms so it's not too overcrowded. Food is great especially the pizzas. Rooms were spotlessly clean and the beds very comfortable. The skiing was great - doorstep from San Giovanni. The other two couples who came with us are very experienced skiers and they said that the resort offered plenty of good skiing. I can't thank Savio and his family enough for all their kind attention and service. We shall be returning next year.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends