“Lovely”
Review of My Way Guest House

My Way Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broompark
My Way Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Broompark B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I was collecting my son from university and stopped overnight at My Way as it is really close to the uni. It turned out to be a real gem. It is beautifully decorated and the bed and bedding was really luxurious and comfortable. The view from our room was amazing, the hosts were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast was top quality. I would definitely recommend My Way Guest House.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnKirkpatrick

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were kept waiting in the cold outside whilst the female owner entertained her house guest. The front yard had dog mess and rubbish. No towels in the room and it took 3 attempts and a few hours to obtain
them.

NO BREAKFAST the next morning, only a note saying "Sorry no breakfast".

We contacted the female owner a few days prior to our visit to ask if there was any gluten free bread available and we were informed that there would be, as we were going to bring our own if not.

We were booked for 2 nights but left on the first morning. I telephoned the female owner about a refund for
the 2 breakfasts and was told "SUE ME!" as she could not afford to buy the ingredients. She was however,
still happy to take our £85.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Bee_and_bee_her
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Although a bit out of the City this is a welcoming B&B with views over the valley. Although we arrived at a personally awkward moment for our host Kim, we were truly welcomed. Rooms well appointed although ours was a bit too small. That said we were only staying overnight and there was plenty of wardrobe space in a separate room. Beds were VERY comfortable and room warm even though very cold outside. Guests lounge area is a light and spacious conservatory which was also the breakfast room. Breakfast really good. All in all an excellent place made even better by hostess Kim.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Just returned from two nights staying at the My Way Guest House. What a lovely surprise. The room was one of the nicest we have stayed in and the bathroom so wonderful large with a free standing victorian looking bath that was a real treat.

The welcome from Kim was great, she also made a wonderful cooked breakfast than was not only lovely but plenty of it.

The view from the bedroom was wonderful as was the welcome by her two friendly dogs. Well worth the money and would stay again when I return. Only 8 minutes by car into Durham.

Room Tip: Room 2 is gorgous
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed for one night in December, beautiful rooms, friendly welcome from Kim and Mark awesome full English breakfast by Mark. Hopefully stay again next time I'm near Durham. The views were tremendous and I'm sure you could enjoy time in the large garden in summertime.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank johnpooley1984
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We drove straight past the gate and didn't see the sign as it was dark by the time we arrived but Kim talked us in and then Mark met us at the gate to let us in and show us around.
The room we were given was excellent: it was very clean and looked fantastic. The en-suite was immaculate too.
We wanted to go into Durham that night and Mark couldn't have been more helpful in providing bus & taxi information and recommendations on where to eat & drink.
The breakfast was lovely and there was a lot of choice, including what time we wanted to eat (not the norm and a pleasant change).
We only stayed for one night for an event at Durham University and would stay again.

Room Tip: We had the first room as you walk into the first part of the conservatory at the back of the house...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Thanks to Mark for my warm welcome. A small, clean and neat room - very good value. Lovely hot shower with power - rather unusual these days! Thanks for letting me have a good cooked breakfasat "at whatever time it suits" - suits me, not you - again, a welcome change from some places I've stayed. My business appt. was 2 miles away so this was perfectfor me and I'll definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Be careful with the postcode is my only advice. Mine took me to West Farm Court when the house is on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broompark
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
Castle View Guest House
Farnley Tower
Farnley Tower
#18 of 40 in Durham

Been to My Way Guest House? Share your experiences!