Our review comes a little late. We stayed here in February 2010 for one week of wonderful skiing in the most stunning scenery. We were looking for excellent accommodation and food - we were not disappointed. The room was stylishly designed, large, tremendously well appointed and a real pleasure to be in.
The food was simply out of this world. The meals were served in an haute cuisine style with many small courses. Nothing we tasted was anything less than delicious. Also, given that we stayed for a week (the rate including full board) we simply didn't tire of the cuisine. Every meal was varied so there was never any tedium or frustration.
On to the few downsides. We travelled by train from Venice (a lovely scenic journey) and were expecting a transfer from the closest train station. The hotel booked this for us through the tourist office. We waited for over an hour in the cold after the promised time for it to arrive and when it did, they tried to pack 4 people onto the back seat with only 3 seat belts. We ended up getting a private taxi instead. We would recommend paying for a private transfer which the hotel can organise for you.
Our second slightly negative comment relates to the distance between the hotel and the nearest lift. We didn't feel that the hotel vehicle or the bus services ran frequently enough to close the distance to the slopes. As the week progressed, we got with the programme and enjoyed ourselves hugely anyway.
We would definitely go back to this hotel if we come to Madonna again and heartily recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Dolce Vita is a Boutique design hotel characterized by high level of standard in wellness and luxury. Dolomieu is the flagship restaurant of the hotel. The 20 rooms are all different from each other. The Spa has a swimming pool, salt cave, sauna, Turkish bath, icefall and tisaneria. At the Beauty farm, we use only the highest quality products. The Dolce Vita is located 300 meters from the Spinale cable car and 400 from the center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your DV Chalet Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chalet Dolce Vita Boutique Hotel Madonna Di Campiglio
- Chalet Dolce Vita Boutique Hotel And Spa