“Booking confirmed but not confirmed...”
Review of Hotel Ariston

Hotel Ariston
Taby, Sweden
“Booking confirmed but not confirmed...”
Reviewed 13 May 2008

We had booked a weekend in Madonna di Campiglio and after receiving an email confirming our double room we arrived at the hotel on Saturday evening. When arriving the young girl in the reception was so rude, and so unprofessional that I didn´t understand why she was so angry at first when I just said my name. That activated something in my mind, because I just understood there was a problem with our booking. She claimed
they never confirmed and I even showed my email that I have received from them.

This was a typical communication problem english vs italian (the emails was written in english), but eventhough, when working in service, especially in a hotel reception you need to be professional and helpful. I have been working as a backoffice manager in a hotel in Stockholm, and I have never seen this kind of behavior. It was if they wanted to get into a fight with us and the minut I said my name it was like they knew that they wasn´t clear about the confirmtion.

One of the supervisor came down and she was already red in the face and also very rude, I do not understand this kind of behavior and even though I understood that it was a missunderstanding, the thing that made me most angry was their lack of interest to help us arrange for something else. And so angry and so rude, which of course made my angry like never before. I do not want to recommend this hotel at all, because of the unprofessionalism and the way they treat their guests, there is a lot of nice hotels in Madonna di Campiglio. Choose one of those.

We finally found another good hotel and we felt welcome right away, that what´s make people come back. To be rude and screem and claim that THEY did NOTHING wrong, what is that? Everybody make misstakes, and we would have been OK if they just showed us some kindness and wishing to help.

• Disliked — Their rude approach
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Bresciaericsson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Finnish first
#31 of 54 in Madonna Di Campiglio
Hotel Bertelli
Hotel Bertelli
#27 of 54 in Madonna Di Campiglio

Been to Hotel Ariston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Ariston

Property: Hotel Ariston
Address: Piazza Brenta Alta 14, 38086 Madonna Di Campiglio, Pinzolo, Italy
Region: Italy > Trentino-Alto Adige > Province of Trento > Pinzolo > Madonna Di Campiglio
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Madonna Di Campiglio
#13 Spa Hotel in Madonna Di Campiglio
#20 Romantic Hotel in Madonna Di Campiglio
#27 Family Hotel in Madonna Di Campiglio
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Ariston 3.5*
Ariston is a traditional alpine Hotel in the centre of Madonna di Campiglio. Family run, wellness, bright rooms, local cuisine, reliable services suited for your pleasure. Located in the central square of the village but need just a brief walk (100 mt) to get the ski lifts, to the ski slopes and close to public transport stops and to the boutiques and other delectable shops. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Ariston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ariston Madonna Di Campiglio