“Excellent”

Bio Hotel Hermitage
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We returned again twice this winter to The Hermitage.The quality is amazing but still has that relaxed atmosphere.
I wasn't skiing due to a fractured foot this year but I made the most of the wonderful spa and treatments at the hotel and had lunches up at the Fiat restaurant at the spinale lift and my husband booked some ski lessons through the hotel with Mickale who was a downhill ski racer for Italy at the time Alberta Tomba was skiing (great stories).
thank you Enzo for shuttling me everywhere and helping me in and out of the minibus!.
great holiday, cant wait for next years skiing.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely and most face the mountains.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Wonderful hotel: warm hospitality, quiet, stunning mountain views...
The quality and variety of food was excelent, and the service in the restaurant & bar was also very attentive: Alan made wonderful cocktails for us!

The hotel is located a bit away from the centre, but in a nice and peaceful place, and the shuttle service by Enzo was brilliant.

We absolutely reccomend the Hermitage.

Room Tip: We recommend to ask for a room with dolomites view
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We arrived safely home after a very long journey refreshed and happy after our stay at Hotel Hermitage. It was a pleasure to stay at your lovely hotel and to experience your warm hospitality. We were impressed with the quality and variety of food we had. Your waiters Fabio, Raul and Alan were so helpful and always ready to help. Enzo couldn't do enough to help us. Sometimes we felt maybe a little uncomfortable to ask his assistance again and again but nothing was too much trouble for him. As the hotel is a bit away from the centre, having someone kind like Enzo is a valuable asset for your hotel.

Just a little snag was the lack of Wifi during the time it was snowing. Maybe something can be done to fix the problem?

Well we would love to stay at your wonderful hotel again and hopefully we will be in touch with you again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Myself and my wife went to ski in Campiglio recently & stayed at the Hermitage for 4 nights. We had a fantastic time.

The Hermitage is not right beside the lifts, and this was a concern for me, however, the shuttle service the hotel offers is brilliant. Enzo brought us everywhere we wanted to go, and picked us up at the bottom of every lift/gondola when we called. He was there in 5mins with a smile.
The other surprise for me was the quality of the food and service. The hotel has a Michelin star restaurant onsite (which we didn't go to in the end), but the food all came from the same kitchen, so our breakfasts & dinners were delicious every day. We went half board and I would recommend that. Every evening we had some of the best food I have had at a hotel (or restaurant for that matter). The service in the restaurant & bar was also very well balanced, attentive, but not overbearing.

This is going on - so the last thing I will say is that this hotel felt like home to us rather than hotel. When we walked in the warmth and welcome, felt as if we were walking into a family home. The owners welcomed us and made sure we were enjoying our stay at their "home".

If you are going to Campiglio - I would recommend this for any couple looking for a beautiful relaxing time.

Room Tip: If you can - spend the extra to get a view of the Dolomites - an amazing way to wake up
1  Thank clogherrd
hermitage_10, Direttore at Bio Hotel Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear guests,
we are very happy to read you advise on tripadvisor. Our position is not close to lift and the main square but this is the reason why we have decide to give a good transfer service to out guest. Enzo is very important for us because, as you wrote, he always is happy and never be late.
We thank you very much for your opinoin about our restaurant, it's very important fo us, and we hope to see you soon in our and YOUR house in Madadonna di Campiglio.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We just got back from a wonderful week at this hotel. It really was special - stunning mountain views, gourmet food every evening from the same kitchen as their Michelin starred restaurant and great staff. The hotel is about a mile from the centre and the lifts but the hotel runs an on-demand van service. Enzo , the ever-helpful driver, is there in a flash, taking out skis and dropping off or picking up from anywhere at a moment's notice. Other highlights were Alan's whiskey sours (he trained at The Savoy in London) and Fabio the super-helpful and knowledgeable waiter. The skiing is fabulous with slopes for all levels and the spa is great, too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Deat Tom we are very happy to read you advise, it was a nice week with you and your wife and we had a good time.
Enzo, fabio and Alan say thank you for your opinion. We are very happy to work with people like them. Years by years they show us their competences and proficency as all the staff.
Thank you very much for your opinion, and we are waiting for you.

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

The overall experience of the hotel was just amazing. The hotel looks great inside and out with good sized rooms that are well furnished and equipped, and so clean! The food for breakfast let alone dinner was top quality and very tasty, the dinners however were the best part for me. If like me, you're from the UK and you typically have one meal for dinner, then you're in for a shock, but a nice one. You have to choose five dishes for your dinner, and each taste and look just as brilliant as the last, and the service we recieved each night with our evening meals was so friendly and helpful. Emilio, Alan and Joanna are lovely, warm people and if you're there, I hope you have the pleasure of meeting them! I never had the apres ski cakes and snacks but my boyfriend did and raved about them so I would encourage everyone to try some of the snacks whilst there. The bar, and subsequent barman Alan, were bright, friendly and if you ask him to make you a bloody mary you'll be amazed by his abilities. Cocktails were always very good, as was the complementary bar snacks you got each time you visited the bar (very tasty) to tide you over whilst playing from a selection of the boardgames they have there. The hotel can't do much more for the guest as they have their own shuttle bus driver, Enzo, ready at your request to pick, drop, and take you just about anywhere including the ski schools and two mountains with runs for all abilities just 5/10 minutes away. The pool however, was the absolute highlight for me, with a whole floor dedicated to it, the steam and sauna room as well as the spa therapy rooms and a hairdressers. (it really meets every need) The pool is placed in a room overlooking the dolomites, and what a stunning view it is to look at whilst relaxing drinking fruity tea from the dispenser availible. To me, this hotel can cater for every single age. It's not often I say that about hotels I've stayed in and I've had my fair share but I really can say that about this hotel. The hotel is family run and that shows in how the staff treat you as a guest, so warm and welcoming it's like being greeted upon returning home. Everything about this hotel is kid friendly from the sweets availible in the jars in the lobby (which I've seen quite a few adults snack out of, including myself), the sledges availible to use on a snowday to the cuddly toys stuffed around the bar/waiting area. However don't be under the impression that this alienates people, because it doesn't at all. I saw people of all ages, young and old all very much enjoying the hotel and with good reason. I honestly don't think I can do it justice without you going there yourself, so don't listen to any bad reviews and have a great snow holiday!
Megan, 17

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank meganlaurie

Hello Megan,
how are you? And you feet? Are you ok?
We hape to see you next year with you wonderfull family. Tony and Caroline are marvellous people and we are very cheerful to know them.
A big hug for all the family.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just came back from four days staying at the Hermitage. It's a really lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, in an amazing position overlooking the mountains. The pool and spa is also great after a day's skiing. The hotel is just outside the town, but they have a minibus which comes to pick you up at five minutes notice. Food is excellent too.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are on the small side but still good quality. There's one with a great view onto t...