“Amazing value for money. Recommended”
Review of Hotel Lorenzetti

Hotel Lorenzetti
East of England
“Amazing value for money. Recommended”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The Lorenzetti is about a kilometer out of Madonna di Campiglio but the hotel shuttle bus does very regular circuits of all the ski lifts and the town centre so location is not as inconvenient as might first be thought. The shuttle operates from the opening of the ski lifts until the early hours.

Food is first rate with an a la carte menu every night plus a salad buffet. Breakfast buffet is very good too.

Wellness centre is immaculately clean (as is the whole hotel). Swimming pool has wonderful views of the surrounding mountains and is a good size for a small hotel. Plentiful towels. Hotel rules state swimming caps (provided) must be worn by all guests. Jacuzzi is part of the pool which, personally, I find too cold.

Sauna is large, clean and hot! Steam room also good. Only very limited (5 or 6 bed) relaxing area although there are other beds around the pool.

My room was spotlessly clean, fresh good quality sheets every other day. Small but adequate shower room. Only drawback was that my room faced the main road and so there was quite a bit of traffic noise (between 7am and 11pm mostly) even though the room had double glazing.

Every evening there is music (live) in the bar which is very pleasant. Staff are friendly.

This hotel is amazing value for money. I booked a 7 night ski package (half board in a single room to INCLUDE lift pass) for 90 Euro per night. Fantastic value!

Madonna di Campiglio`s skiing is first rate for intermediate skiers and I don`t think you will find better value than the Hotel Lorenzetti.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank supermummy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ealing
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I stayed here with my husband an 2 children aged 8 and 12. We all agree it is the best place we have ever stayed. The staff are welcoming and create a relaxed atmosphere, but pay attention to detail, with attentive service, everywhere spotlessly clean and every need catered for. The food is superb, I couldn't fault one course that was served during our 6 night stay (and there were lots of them). The shuttle bus service was excellent and will pick you up from any where in the town. We would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return next year.

4 Thank FlissieEaling
Paris
Reviewed 1 March 2011

This was our third trip to Madonna and we have stayed at Hotel Lorenzetti each time. The resort is amazing and the hotel is as good as you will find anywhere, not just in the Dolomites!
Mdm Lorenzetti expects and receives the very best from all of her staff and her wonderful taste permeates the whole establishment from the choice of decor and ornaments to the way that guests are treated.
I recommend the suites...well worth the extra cost !
I am off to the gym.....now home, to try and work off the pounds after a week of incredible dining.
Best advice I can give....go there...and make it full board !

6 Thank smthoro
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This is the perfect location for a quiet and relaxing holiday in the beautiful setting of the Dolomites.
Having been employed for several years in the hospitality business myself, I have developed a very critical eye regarding accommodation and customer service, and I have to say Hotel Lorenzetti is a definite "yes" on my checklist.

I truly enjoyed the week I spent there together with my parents at the beginning of February. The connecting rooms we stayed in were simple but spotless, and housekeeping would service them twice a day. The mountain view from my balcony was stunning!

Excellent food, great presentation and outstanding service make the Hotel Restaurant one of the main reasons to love the Lorenzetti. Breakfast consists of a huge buffet with everything you may wish for. The dinner menu changes every day and features a tempting selection of hearty and delicious dishes. All of the restaurant staff members show exceptional kindness and expertise.

Another good service provided by the Hotel is that of the free shuttle to the centre of Madonna di Campiglio and to all ski lifts. Rides are frequent and sometimes available on demand, and Goran, one of the drivers, is great fun to chat with.
Thumbs up for the ski deposit too, especially thanks to the heated boot rack!

My parents and I also enjoyed being able to relax in the hotel Wellness Centre at the end of a skiing day. The sauna/turkish bath/swimming pool facilities are spacious and clean, and towels and bathrobes are provided free of charge.

In addition to the above, Hotel Lorenzetti offers comfortable and cosy common areas, a bar with live music in the evening, a choice of newspapers/magazines/books, wonderful flower arrangements and a really special treat for guests every afternoon, when hot spiced mulled wine and cakes are available in the lobby.

Should I have the opportunity to visit Madonna di Campiglio again in the future, I would certainly choose to stay at the Hotel Lorenzetti again.

5 Thank Liesewies
Lappeenranta, Finland
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I am writing this just settled down to our house to Lappeenranta. We have had a great ski week in Madonna Di Cambiglio. We have lovely hotel Laronzetti with good service. Mrs. Silvana Lorenzetti with hotels staff made our holiday unforgettable holiday week.

We lived in a junior suit number 50 with a beautiful mountain view. The room was very good and very special thanks to the cleaners.

We were skiing six days in week. Mountain views was very beautiful. Specially experience was also on Wednesday's snow day, when was snowing about 50 cents. We have not never skiing place, where is so much new soft snow.

The hotel sauna and swimming pool was also good. I went every morning swimming and again after skiing back to swimming and also sauna.

Special thanks must be given to restaurant kitchen and the hall staff.
The chef and his helpers make up a marvelous five-course dinner every evening. Waiters were very friendly and threy helps the local Trentino region wines. The restaurant's wine list was very comprehensive Italian wines. In fact we enjoyed mainly in Trentino and Alto Agide wines, because they are best balance with local foods menu.

In particular, it was left to mind last friday main course, which was grilled beef tenderloin with Teroldego wine sauce. Main course wine was exellent Elisabetta Foratori Granato vintage 2007. Food and wine harmony was perfect.

Also, all the others days menu dishes and wines were very good. Desserts were also very beautiful.

The hotel restaurant has Rotisseur plate and the hotel owner Mrs Silvana Lorenzetti is also a member of the Rotisseur. I can say with full heart, that the Hotel Lorenzetti is a very well deserved prestige of the organization Rotisseur. So good was the service in Hotel Lorenzetti.

Thank you again Mrs Silvana Lorenzetti and all hotel staffs. I hope, we can come back soon or later.

Tuomo and Arja Puhakainen
Lappeenranta, Finland

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Puhakainen
tel aviv
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have just come back from a week's ski vacation in Madonna Di Campiglio. I travelled with my husband and two other couples. We had the most wonderful time. The hotel Lorenzetti lived up to all its reviews! We were given suite 59, a junior suite with a balcony. It was very clean and done up in lovely warm colours with plush carpeting and wooden beams and panelling and we found it very romantic. Our friends had similar beautiful junior suites, #57 and #46. #46 had the best view out of the three as well as a jacuzzi bath tub! WE used the hotel's spa almost every day. The pool was great with a current feature for us to swim against. The jacuzzi is part of the main swimming pool so for me the temperature was not hot enough for a jacuzzi, nor were the jets strong enough. But the wet sauna(hammam) and dry sauna were fantastic. I also has a very good massage for 50min at a cost of 55Euro by the masseuse Rosa Alba. The spa was always clean, with clean towels and bathing caps always available. You get bathrobes in the bedrooms and spa slippers on request. The hotel restaurant was superb under the very professional management of Giaccomo and Allessandro. The chef was truly amazing and it is no wonder they have been winning Michelin awards every year since 2004!
The skiing at Madona Di Campiglio is to me a best kept secret. The slopes were perfectly groomed, wide and beautiful and often we had them to ourselves! We never had to wait in a line at lifts and all the ski terrains (about 6 of them) are well linked with pistes and lifts if you buy the extensive superski rama pass (224 EU for 6 days) so you don't need to take ski buses in between. The Lorenzetti has a fleet of minibuses to shuttle it's guests to and from the lifts so you never even have to walk carrying your skis - very convenient and pampering. The ski room at the hotel also has heating racks for your ski boots so you put on nice warm ski boots in the morning. We rented our ski equipment from the Lorenzetti ski rental shop and it was excellent. I have to add here that a pocket on my ski jacket tore and the receptionist at the hotel arranged for the Hotel laundry to have it repaired that very same evening and at no cost!!! They were really very very helpful with all our requests. Some other lovely touches were hot gluwein, juices and cakes waiting for the guests every afternoon when we got back from skiing...and other nice things - I don't want to spoil it for you. Just go to Madonna and stay at the Lorenzetti - you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank debsTelAviv
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Even though this hotel is situated just outside Madonna di Campiglio on the road to Pinzolo, the hotel staff and service make up for any inconvenience getting into town or reaching the ski areas. The hotel provides two mini-buses which will take you to the gondola stations in town. If you miss a scheduled bus, they will always run another one for you. The bus driver Goran was happy to run us anywhere in town and even out to the cross country ski area at Campo Carlo Magno. The food is excellent and the view from the dining room is superb across to the Brenta Dolomites. The only drawback we observed was the noise from the bar (our room was immediately above the bar) and noise of trickling water from the radiator heating system during the night.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple