Now under new management there have been a few changes- some good- some not so good.
1. Ski room revamped- much better though where the boots are kept it is still very narrow. A new ski storage rack where the children's play room used to be. However, still an awful walk from the ski room to the street squeezing between cars with there engines running from the next door garage. Disappointing the ski boot rack -supposed to be heated did not appear to work when there were only a few in the hotel but was fixed the next week when the hotel was full. Coincidence I am sure.....
2. breakfast now in the room next to the bar. This is OK but did not like the coffee machine where you had to help yourself. The drinks service has gone. These aspects are what used to make it a 4 star hotel.
3. Staff in the restaurant still very good. ( the serve at table stopped 2 years ago). However the starter buffet and dessert buffet did not appear when there were only about a dozen in the hotel. Reappeared when the hotel was full. It used to be that you had the same service no matter how many were in the hotel. Food as good as usual ( I think the same chef). One disappointing new feature is that the buffet items are not replenished well. Had to ask for salad and starters when they had been ravaged. When the desserts were gone then for most of them that was it. Before no matter what time you came in for dinner you had the same choice.
4. Bar much more lively. Prices much more realistic than before. Meant that you could afford to drink there. The bar revamped with the old window room now sporting lounge and bar furniture.
5. Free internet access in bar and foyer area. Well done Savoia.
6. A bit sorry to see the flat Italian towels in the room go but I expect few other guests liked them. Rooms now have duvets instead of blankets etc- bonus
7. New pictures in the foyer- really odd choice for a ski hotel-brightly coloured modern art urgh
Still good position for the 5 Laghi lift and right in the centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a 4 star hotel in the town of Madonna di Campiglio. It is centrally located on the Sissi Piazza, which is the gateway to the Viale Brenta Dolomites. Behind the hotel you will find the '5 Lakes Gondola' which takes you to the entire Campiglio Ski Area 'Val di Sole Val Rendena'. This is also an excellent place to start from for summer walks. The hotel has spacious rooms for its guests as this was the typical style in luxury hotels of the early nineteenth century. Constantly renovated and refurbished, the hotel offers high quality services in a warm and friendly atmosphere, suitable for family vacations or with groups of friends. With the new management under the Antonioli Family, they wanted to focus on the hotel's tradition of maintaining a top class service. The newly-refurbished rooms with hardwood furniture are nicely decorated in soft pastel colours. All rooms are equipped with precious white Carrara marble bathrooms. You can spend time relaxing at the piano bar in the Hotel while listening to Italian and international music, and sample delicious cocktails prepared by our barman . The hotel has a children's playroom where they can play happily while you are enjoying the music. As is traditional with the Antonioli Family, they continue focus on serving food as per local traditions and using local Italian produce. The hotel features a modern spa where massages and beauty treatments are offered, giving you a much-deserved rest at the end of an eventful day's skiing in the beautiful Dolomites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoia Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Savoia Palace