“Beautiful Amalfi Coast”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maiori
owen sound
“Beautiful Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. It is well located within the town of Maiori. With resturants, bakery, supermarket, and shopping close by. We took the city bus to visit some of the other towns close by. It is also close to the harbour where you can take a boat to the Isle of Capri. The staff were very helpful. The breakfast that was available was probably the best we had in our entire 2 wekk holiday in Italy. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

Checked in with a large tour group (47), so maybe there really weren't any other available rooms, but the room my friends were staying in smelled like a sewer had backed up in it. When I first smelled it, I was embarrassed to say something to them, as I thought someone had gotten "sick" in there, and that was what I was smelling. As it turned out, the following morning I still smelled the stench of death in their room, and I finally said something to my "novice travelers" friends. They agreed that the room smelled awful, and asked to be moved. They were told there were no available rooms, but that would have been totally unacceptable to me (IT WAS TRULY UNBEARABLE). I don't know how they stayed there 3 nights.....House keeping poured bleach down their sink, and shower drain, but it did NOTHING. Their room was left stinking to high heaven of chlorine bleach and backed up sewer stench, for the entire 3 nights that we stayed there....absolutely sickening!

My room, which was across the hall from theirs, did not smell, but I had to call house keeping to change the blanket on my bed, as it was filthy, AND had a large dirt mark which looked like a huge booger.....ugh! In addition, I threw a little piece of paper in the minuscule garbage can in the bathroom as I was rushing out to meet the tour group on day one, and that paper remained there my entire 3 night stay. The floors throughout my room were dirty, and despite the fact I mentioned it to the housekeeper that was changing my blanket, IT NEVER GOT CLEANED.

Our group was booked 2 nights for dinner in the adjacent restaurant owned by the hotel, and the food was barely edible. Overcooked and dried out fish, ravioli so dry, I had to ask for extra sauce (little improvement), and two meatballs served as the main course with unseasoned white rice and bland boiled potatoes. Buffet breakfast was decent, but upon checkout, my friends and I couldn't get away from this hotel fast enough.

• Stayed September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Maiori hotels

Oregon
Reviewed 28 July 2011

At the more southern end of the Amalfi Coast, Maiori was a terrific little town. We spent two nights while exploring the region. The Hotel Miramare's location is central to the village and a short block from the beach. Not a fancy hotel, it was clean and comfortable. The breakfast that was included was one of the best we had in our trip through Italy. I'm not sure if part is a residential apartment of some kind, but it could be.

The restaurants we found in Maiori were excellent. Naturally, seafood is big here. So is Limoncello - enjoy it while you're here!

From Majori we went further south to Vietri for pottery and up to see the Villa Cimbrione and its gardens in Ravello. Driving the Amalfi coast road is a true treat........in every way. The smaller your car, the better off you are. Once you unclench your teeth you can enjoy the incredible scenery and architecture.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed here while traveling solo, they were one of the few places who offered a single room rate. Although the room was small, it was very clean and very comfortable and close to the beach with a fan and air conditioning. Breakfast was included in the rate and there was a wide variety to choose from, the staff were very polite too. The only down fall was I required wifi for work which it didn't have but there was use of a computer in the main area with free internet connection when it was available.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rosa_1185
BC
Reviewed 16 November 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Miramare for 3 nights with a group of friends. The hotel we were originally booked into had overbooked and had no room for us (a group of 4) so we were sent over to this hotel instead. It actually turned out well as we really enjoyed our time at the Miramare. The staff were great - very friendly. Not alot of English was spoken but that made for a fun time translating! Our room was on the third floor with a balcony that had a view of the sea. The room itself was small but comfortable and clean and bright. The elevator was very small and being a bit claustrophic I mostly just used the stairs! The hotel was a block from the beach in one direction and the main shopping street in the other. The breakfast room was downstairs and had enough variety for our needs - and the best coffee of anywhere we had stayed! Overall, we really enjoyed Maiori and the Hotel Miramare.

• Liked — Friendly staff, sea view
  • Disliked — Elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
New York
Reviewed 4 November 2007

This hotel was a big disappointment, in part because of the concierge and his unfriendly attitude. We were supposed to stay for 7 nights and trust me, checked out in two because we had to get out because of the stench and the poor conditions.This hotel's so called "beach" front property is a waste--it is a dumpy beach and you'll feel depressed on it--and pay a ton of money 36 Euros for two for a spot sort of near the water. The breakfast is no pleasure cruise--it is in the basement of the hotel and reminds me of a sad, sad depressing movie---The Hotel's website is misleading--think about it--this was our only "slurge" in Maori, and it was a big ol' bust!! Don't be fooled by the web site because trust me, the photos should be updated, the "terrace" was run down and my friend fell down on the porch because the tiles were busted. I travel in Italy every single summer--EVERY summer---and stay everywhere, you can read my reviews, some places are charming because they are not the usual high class and they are quaint--this one is not quaint, not charming, it is an eye sore

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Checking in
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jacquelineNewYork