“Beautiful”

Pietra di Luna Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maiori
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at this hotel during the last week of May. The hotel is set in an excellent position opposite the seafront with the most beautiful views. All staff at the hotel are very friendly and will go out of their way to accommodate any requirements you may have. Meal choices are always available to be changed should there be anything on the menu that does not suit you. This was always done without any fuss, Bar staff bring your drinks out on to the beautiful terrace with lovely little bowls of snacks (crisp, olives, peanuts, biscuits etc). Rooms and balconies are an excellent size, my only little negative (and it is small as I still slept well) is that the beds are the hardest I have ever slept on!
We have not been home a week yet, and are already planning our return for next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JoelMandM
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Joel,

it is a great pleasure to read your review following your stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel in Maiori.
On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you very much for your appreciation and we are all very happy in knowing that we have been able to meet your expectations. In regards of the beds, I would really appreciate if next time that you are staying with us, you would be so kind in letting us know in advance so that we will have the possibility to take action in that regard. Our mattresses may feel a bit harder at first impact but I can assure you that this is because they are orthopaedic.
Looking forward to welcome you back, please accept my best thanks and regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a little gem of a hotel! The location, staff, food and service were all outstanding. All the staff at Pietra Di Luna went out of their way to make my stay truly memorable. The hotel is exceptionally well placed for easy access to the lovely little town of Maiori. A great little open topped bus stops right by the hotel for a breathtakingly beautiful journey 30 minute to Amalfi or to the stunning iconic town of Ravello, perched high on the hilltop, with amazing views if the Costa Di Amalfi. I enjoyed the most relaxing and refreshing holiday and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lunamare1951
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Sheila,

I thank you for hawing chosen the Pietra di Luna hotel for your vacation on the Amalfi Coast and especially for taking the time in letting us know about your experience. It has been a real pleasure, for all of us, to have here as a guest, and we all look forward to welcome you here again. Whenever you decide to come back, please let us know, and we will be happy to reserve your table at the window with the view over Ravello. Thank you from all of us at the Pietra di Luna Hotel,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The best thing about the hotel is the beautiful location across the street from the sea and its proximity to many good restaurants. Hotel food was fair. The quaint bathroom did not bother me, but I think travelers have the right to decent mattresses. Everyone on our tour complained of sore backs and hips from the thin, old mattresses. We put a blanket underneath ours for padding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bogeywoman

Dear Madame,

thank you for taking the time in letting us know about your experience at the Pietra di Luna Hotel. Guest’s comments and suggestion are of great importance to us as they help us in maintaining and improving our standards and the services on offer. Although I agree with your comment “Travellers have the right to decent mattresses”, I am obliged to point out that our mattresses are not thin and neither old. The mattresses were changed recently, and they are all between 18 and 21 centimetres high. I agree with the fact that our mattresses might be a bit hard, and when our guests let us know we do take action. Should you decide to stay again at the Pietra di Luna hotel, please let us know in advance with your sleeping preferences.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed three nights in May, 2014. We were part of a Trafalgar tour group. Our room was very comfortable, king-size bed, balcony with a view of the Med Sea. The decor is dated, but clean and functional. Really, you don't come here to hang around in a hotel room! The staff were very accommodating, especially the manager, who freely gave us good advice on restaurants and activities. We ate at the Hotel restaurant two nights, and the food was good. Maiori is a wonderful little town with gobs of atmosphere and charming streets and shops. The Hotel is in the perfect location to take advantage of it all. I would stay again, no question. The sound of church bells chiming was quaint, not at all bothersome, as some reviewers have complained.

1  Thank Bill W
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Bill,
thank you for letting us know of your experience at the Pietra di Luna hotel and in Maiori. I have appreciated your comments and they will be of great help to us. I look forward to be able to welcome you back on the Amalfi Coast, and hopefully with the “chiming sound” of the church bells.
From all the staff and myself, thank you very very much,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon in 2012. We are going back this year for our second anniversary. I cannot praise this hotel enough. The location is fantastic - its just a short walk into the main town but far away enough that its quiet. The beach and pool were glorious. The decor is a bit chintzy but i feel it adds to the charm of the place. The rooms are spotless, comfortable and spacious enough (some Italian hotel rooms are tiny even for a four and five star). The food is out of this world with lots of choice. If you dont fancy whats on the menu they always accomodate you. Raffelli the Maitre D is ever so charming and all the other staff go out their way to be friendly and welcoming. They are very genuine in doing so - we met many of them in the town when they were off duty and they stood for a chat.

They price of beer and wine in the hotel is very reasonable. There are lots of things to do near by such as visits to Amalfi, Positano, Pompeii etc. The Emerald Grotto is great fun. The man who runs the tour is a real character. There's boat tours you can take from the harbour and you can hire boats and canoes too. The next town over in Minori and its well worth taking a walk over the hill into this little town. Its just like Maiori but smaller and nice for a change of scene.

All in all, we cant wait to get back there!

Room Tip: The first rooms on the side of the hotel are best as you get a view of the sea from one balcony and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma1979Glasgow
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Emma,

thank you very much for taking the time to express yuour feeling about our hotel, and above all for booking your holiday again with us. Here at the Pietra di Luna we are looking forward to welcome you back, and make sure that you will spent another memorable vacation with us.
Best regards from the Pietra di Luna family,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days,and the minute you walk into the lobby onto the front desk you are greeted by a friendly,very helpful staff !!! They answered every question we had(and there were many)to giving us very useful information. We had a sea view room & fell in love the minute we stepped onto our roomy balcony, sat in our lounge chairs & took in the spectacular view of the ocean… Even in the evening watching the sun set it felt peaceful!!! This hotel is a very clean hotel & has a wonderful breakfast selection (cakes,croissants,cheeses,ham & the great waiters,besides bringing you as many cups of coffee/espresso or cappuccino that you want,also offer to bring you scrambled eggs etc if you want.) The view is also wonderful while enjoying your breakfast !!! There is also plenty of parking available & you don't have to walk far to the front door. This hotel is perfectly located across from the beach,has a market a few feet away & you are able to leave your car & walk around the town to it's shops & restaurants if you'd like. The pool area looked amazing & clean (wished it was warmer out to use) but no doubt in my mind it must be great in the summer!!! The Pietra Di Luna Hotel is also a great home base for venturing out on day trips to Vetri,Salerno,Tramonti,Minori,Ravello & Amalfi as well. We want to thank Giovanni for his excellent hospitality & the wonderful girls at the reception desk for making our stay wonderful & enjoyable!!!! We hope to return again one day in the near future….

Room Tip: If you can,go for the sea view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Mike,

thank you very much for taking the time in letting us know about your experience with us at the Pietra di Luna Hotel, and Maiori. Your words are the best reward for all the staff and myself.
We all look forward to welcome you back in Maiori.
Regards from all of us at the Pietra di Luna Hotel,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Superb position overlooking the sea, just a short walk into the town, a "locals" town with a real Italian feel to it, not touristy at all. I would recommend the walk (up many steps) from the Church through the lemon groves to the next door town of Minori. (Just as beautiful, but smaller)
The best thing about this hotel is the quality of ALL the staff, from the manager down to the room maids, everyone was so friendly, welcoming, professional and genuinely helpful. I would stay here again for sure.

1  Thank Julie H

Dear Julie,

on behalf of all the staff opf the Pietra di Luna Hotel, I thank you very, very much for coming and staying with us, and for the time in letting us know about your experience with us in Maiori.
The comments and considerations of our valued guests mean a lot to us.
I look forward, with all the staff, to welcome you here again.