“Welcoming, friendly and professional”

Pietra di Luna Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Maiori
“Welcoming, friendly and professional”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week with my wife on the wonderful Amalfi coast - rooms are clean, spacious, cool and quiet - staff are wonderful - friendly, courteous and prepared to accommodate any request especially with regard to food and drink - the meals are excellent and the drinks well chosen. The terrace, pool and beach were clean, relaxed and well managed - this resort is truly Italian, so some may miss some aspects of a beach holiday, but the 'locals' couldn't be more welcoming. It is a friendly, safe beautiful place to stay and a great base to explore further to Positano, Amalfi itself and beyond - if we return to Amalfi we will return to this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for staying at the Pietra di Luna Hotel during your holiday on the Amalfi Coast, and for appreciating the facilities and the location of the hotel, and for feeling the local flavour that has made your holiday. The Amalfi Coast is not for everybody but for sure, it is a destination for Travellers.
Looking forward to your return, we assure you of our best attention at any time,

(Hotel Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Congleton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for a short break with party of friends, so did not choose personally. Extremely pleased with location, and standard of hotel's facilities. Would thoroughly recommend as ideal for enjoying the Amalfi Coast. My expectations were exceeded - what more could you ask?

Room Tip: If possible go for high-floor as upper rooms have sea-view(albeit sideways). Lower floor standard ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JayJay,

Reading reviews of our valued guests like yours is the best reward for everybody here at the Pietra di Luna Hotel.
From our side we only hope to see you back here and let you enjoy another memorable holiday.

Lyndhurst, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We spent 5 days at the Pietra di Luna Hotel. We had a very lovely experience with the hotel being in a gorgeous spot, the staff helpful and friendly,

Unfortunatey I fell in the bathroom during our stay and was injured. The staff was very helpful in trying to get me to a hospital and to get a doctor to come to our room.

I have contacted the hotel through their e-mail asking for help in obtaining receipts from their driver (Dino) to get reimbursed from our insurance, but after 4 days did not hear back from them.

If anyone from the hotel monitors this site and could assist me please contact me at egreenberger@msn.com.

Thanks for all your help during our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Ellen,

Thank you for staying at the Pietra di Luna Hotel during your visit on the Amalfi Coast, and for enjoying and commenting the hotel facilities.
We have explained the reasons of our delay in contacting you re the receipts, and I hope now all is clear.
Wishing you all the very best for a prompt recovery.

Welwyn
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My parents stayed here and loved it. My parents were on a package holiday and when I visited I didn't expect much but thought it was a great hotel for many reasons. The hotel is right on the front with a private beach. It's within easy walk (my Mum needs a hip operation) of many bars and restaurants - not always the case on the Amalfi coast. My parents met so many people who had been going there for many years and they also now wish to go back. I was there with my new wife, we'd just got married in Ravello. We were having dinner and Alfonso, the manager, brought us a bottle of Prosecco to celebrate - a lovely touch. The hotel were also fine about me parking my car in their drive - those that have been to Amalfi know how hotels and restaurants are pressed for parking spaces. My parents and I really thought this was an excellent hotel and I would also like to stay in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Carl,

Meeting your parents, during their stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel, was for me a real pleasure, and hawing you and your new wife and parents has made me a privileged host. I thank you for taking the time in letting us know your comments about the stay of your parents and your visit. I do hope that you and all your family will be from now on part of the constantly growing family that visits the Hotel every year, and appreciate our facilities and services.
Looking forward to your next visit, I remain,
Yours sincerely,

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed 1 week beginning of June ,was our first time in Italy and loved it.Lovely hotel and very clean. Arrived after midnight and were given a cold salad meal ,only us two in the restaurant.Breakfasts were lovely as were evening meals and plentiful.lovely seaviews as were just over the road from the beach.Beach towels were provided by the hotel and had private area on beach with free sunbeds.swimming pool lovely and clean,water very cold bit of a shock on first getting in.capri and ana capri were well worth a visit.Amalfi very nice and Ravello.the ride along Amalfi coast was breathtaking,never seen scenery like it.beautiful country.Thompson reps were exceptional and even take who ever wants to go with them on ther sunday morning walk up the nearby mountain,hard walk up loads steps,mega steep but views worth it at the top.would recommend this hotel ,everyone works hard and is well run.only negative for us was the bars in the area wasn't what were used to,little quiet .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lesley187065
Dear Lesley,

thank you for taking the time to write this review and for letting everybody know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel on the Amalfi Coast. Knowing that both the hotel and the area were up to your expectations and that you have managed to explore most of the area. Looking forward in welcoming you again in the future we remain,
yours sincerely,

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently returned home from a week's holiday in Italy. On our arrival at the Pietra Di Luna Hotel we were warmly welcomed by very friendly helpful staff. Our room was a good size and had everything we needed. The towels were changed daily, bed changed at least 3 times and every evening our bed was turned back and a little gift of sherbet lemons left for us. The food was first class with plenty of choice and all the restaurant staff were very nice and efficient. The bar staff also were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel is in a prime location for getting about, a bus ride or two from Amalfi, Positano, ravello which we visited easily, the beach is literally across the road and the views are magnificent. The Manager is always around and gives a smile and a wave when he sees you. We will definately go back to Maiori and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else other than the Pietra, we love it there. We have already recommended it to friends and family. Gloria and Paul Piercey.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria P
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Gloria and Piercey,

to read your comments following your stay with us is a great satisfaction and I will make sure all the staff, here at the Pietra di Luna Hotel, will know. I thank you for staying with us, for appreciating our services and for suggesting our hotel to family and friends. With all the staff we
look forward in welcoming you again.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our first time in Italy, and couldn't have wished for a nicer hotel everything was immaculate, decor was very Italian , our room was very spacious with beautiful pool and side sea view, the management and staff were very helpful and friendly and extremely smart, although we did only have one evening meal was no reflection on hotel we just love to try different restaurants when we are on our holiday and what we had was beautiful, breakfast was always lovely with plenty to choose from,the pool was fab,and the private beach, the beach staff we're also great, great central location with amazing views, we had a fantastic relaxing holiday, would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We had side view overlooking pool and sea.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie B
Dear Julie,

thank you for choosing the Pietra di Luna Hotel for your first visit to Italy and the Amalfi Coast. We feel very honoured in hawing had you here as a guest and we really hope and look forward in hawing the possibility of welcoming you back.