“Very Mixed Views on this Establishment”
Review of La Terrazza - CLOSED

La Terrazza
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family-run trattoria. Bell traditional cuisine with a dash of creativity. Superb quiet location to enjoy on the terrace of our meat and fish.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant as it was highly recommended by locals for Pizza's, and perhaps that is all we should have had. However we did try the starters, and even though I scanned the menu carefully, the soup did not seem to be quite what I ordered. It has calamari in it, and I did not see that on the ingredients, I could have coped with that, but it was extremely salty,and I could eat very little of it. The wine which was recommended was dear but excellent, and our pizza's were exactly what we had ordered and very enjoyable and good value. I could see that this was a local restaurant and extremely popular, and the setting was nice on a rooftop terrace (hence the name) My wife's starter was also disappointing and not quite what she expected. Service was a little slow, as we were asked for our orders within 2 minutes of being seated, and we asked for a little longer, and then it appeared we were ignored for some time, whilst other persons around us were being served, and I had to get the waiters attention, as it did seem we had been forgotten about. A dessert was put in front of us, which we hadn't ordered. The Manager did asked us if we enjoyed the meal, and I said "Yes the pizza" So we have very mixed reviews of this place, and unlikely to try it again, which is a shame as the pizza was great.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Small menu, focus on local dishes and ingredients, but very good cooking. For a more authentic local flavour look no further.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here one night with another couple. The food was good and very reasonably priced, the staff were friendly, would recommend

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We really enjoyed walking that little bit further to find this beautiful little restaurant overlooking the street with its outdoor terrace. It was a great setting and frequented by local people, which always recommends a place to us. The food was full of flavour and the local white wine (by the jug!) is a cheap, excellent choice. If we came again I would let the waiters recommend dishes for us because the seafood others were having looked great. Our risotto and spaghetti with clams were excellent though!

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Visited last night is was 8 pm the restaurant was empty except for another couple. We shared a starter but the order was wrong although we ate it anyway. The waiter had very poor English, it was a struggle to order. The pizza was lovely and the house wine was also fine. The whole atmosphere was strange, we felt uncomfortable. Maybe it was just very early with nobody about. The waiter was very odd, I hope that's not being unfair but we where glad to leave.