Hotel San Pietro
Hotel Club Due Torri(Maiori)
US$303
US$122
US$116
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Pietra di Luna Hotel(Maiori)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$209
Agoda.com
US$149
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Hotel De Rosa(Maiori)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnewmarket holidayspool barbed apartmentcourtesy busminibus servicediving boardsea frontthe main roadrestaurant food issmall family run hotelceiling fan in the roompastalovely hotelthe hotel staffamalfi coastair congames room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised at how fantastic this hotel was. The staff seemed a little distant at first but once we got chatting to them they couldn't do enough for us. (I think this may be a cultural thing).
I had trouble sleeping as our apartment was near the road but they moved us the next day as soon as I mentioned it. To a bigger room! Amazing service.

The apartments are massive, bit of a 70's throw back but very traditional Italian, and kept spotless by a lovely cleaning lady who spoke little English but always gave us a happy wave. The beds were comfy and the apartment facilities were good. The showers are not massive but adequate. The towels are not fluffy but do what they are intended. In our first room 508 there was an air con unit. There was no air con in 510 but ceiling fans provided a little relief from the heat. If I were to make a suggestion for improving the apartments it would be air conditioning in the bedrooms.

The pool was fantastic, not heated but a welcome relief to the heat of the sun. You have to wear bathing caps, providing much amusement to my partner, but this allows them to not put too much chemicals in the pool. Lots of sun loungers and a reasonable bar/food poolside. Wine and bear are very cheap but the spirits are a bit more expensive. Didn't stop us hammering the mojitos though!

The beach and main strip are a good 10/15 minutes walk away but if you take the first right or one of the little ally ways you get onto the top of main street of Maiori after only 5 minutes walk. The hotel does do a shuttle bus every half an hour or so morning and early evening but we never used it preferring to enjoy the little shops on the way in.

There is a good supermarket 5 minutes down the hill (with a very helpful English lady on the cash desk). A little further down is a fantastic bakery with amazing fresh bread for little cost. At the bottom of the hill is a pastry shop that has amazing cakes and just across the road from that is the Amalfeteri restaurant which is cheap as chips and serves fantastic local food. We didn't find anywhere we liked more as they really made us feel welcome even cooking off menu to order and giving us free drinks. Loved it!

Maiori is where the Italians like to go so it is very busy in August but much quieter in September and a little bit cooler. We were luck as it was 35 and sunny all week but it can have cloudy rainy days that time of year.

Totally loved it and will be going again next year.

Room Tip: 508 is a good sized 2 bedroom apartment with partial air conditioning but has a lot of road noise. 510 is a massive three bedroom apartment with less road noise but no air conditioning. If you sleep as lightly as me get a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Miles192
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Loved the hotel and the location. This was Old Italy. Two of us were given a two bedroomed apartment, ceiling fans were a bonus. Everywhere was spotless at all times. Great staff, friendly, helpful and efficient. Carmine runs the restaurant with great efficiency. As a vegetarian I would have liked a main course option, which I know I could have asked for, but I found the starters were always substantial so didn't bother.
Maiori is a treasure, the local people are friendly, helpful and so proud of their history. It was a privilege to observe their 70th Anniversary of Operation Avalanche. They do not get a mention in the history books but this was the first place that the Americans landed.
Wish I could have stayed longer.
Linda Kitchen

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I travelled with my in-laws/friends to Hotel San Pietro on 19th to 26th July, 2013 with Thomson. The hotel and the staff are great though the lounge could do with being updated and more air-con in it. The food was very good with choices but because of the heat and humidity, I could not eat as heartily I would normally, with Italian food being my favourite! Not the hotel's fault but mine. The rooms we had were on the 2nd floor, 212 (a double) and 215 (a single) being 3 of us. They had a large balcony with 2 chairs and a coffee table, plenty of room. I had a small balcony with one chair which was ok but did not spend much time there anyway.The air conditioning worked well when the balcony door was shut. Had good views from both balconies. The only drawback about the hotel is that is it far from the lovely promenade/beach of Maiori. Quite a walk back especially at night after a few drinks! Lovely pool and pool area with pool bar. Plenty of loungers to be had and the hotel provide towels for the loungers, one only has to ask! The rep, Sharon was a great lady, nothing was too much for her. She saw us walking to Minori and gave us a lift there on market day! Thanks Sharon. We had trouble getting bus tickets from the few places we had asked. My mistake was visiting Maiori in July as it was much too hot and humid for me personally, made me feel ill at times, and did make us weary. The price of beers and wines differed according to which bar one visited! If I went to Maiori again it would be early or later in the year when a little cooler, again not the hotel's fault. If one needs to visit a church, there a quite a few, a Catholic one is even more or less next door to the hotel! One good thing are the water fountains on the promenade and on the other streets, quite a lot of them and used by the locals and tourists alike.

Room Tip: Rooms 212 and 215 were good, though no full length mirror in 215!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lucia1999
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Please, please, please air conditioning !! This is my only negative of San Peitro, we did mention it on leaving and was told they are working on it, would definitely stay there again it they went ahead and installed air conditioning, lovely helpful staff, large clean apartment.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LuvAmalfi
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We travelled with Newmarket Holidays in May to Maiori in Italy. The hotel was lovely, the hotel staff wonderful and we had a really memorable holiday on the beautiful Amalfi coast.

On departure the hotel charged me 14 euros tax which should have been included in the holiday price as Newmarket Holiday's advertise “Government taxes and service charges” are included. I was not informed about paying any additional taxes when l booked the holiday.

Not a lot of money l know, but why state taxes are included if a room tax is chargeable by the hotel. The response from Newmarket claimed that it is the customers responsibility to read the small print before booking which l cannot find in their brochure or on their website.

Lovely holiday on the beautiful Amalfi Coast shame about Newmarket not being clear with what's included regarding taxes.

Room Tip: Check Newmarket Holiday's small print (if you can find it) before booking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple