“Good food, not totally consistent”

Ristorante Agli Scaligeri
Ranked #75 of 103 Restaurants in Malcesine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed in Malcesine for a week towards the end of September 2012 and my partner and I ate in this restaurant twice.It is in a pleasant, quiet location and under cover which was helpful during the torrential rain of our second visit!

The restaurant was good value for money with a complimentary aperitif and digestif. The pasta is homemade with plenty of choice for vegetarians like myself. I had a delicious caprese salad twice and my partner had a Spaghetti Bolognese starter both times which he declared the best he had tasted (quite a compliment from a connoisseur such as himself). I tried 2 simple pasta dishes which were above average. My partner had duck breast both times flambéed in balsamic vinegar. The first time it was cooked perfectly in his view but 2nd time round it was considerably more well done and less to his taste (he felt it was almost burnt). This was a shame as otherwise we loved this restaurant. Desserts were lovely and service very good (though we had some difficulty getting across our point about the duck - our fault really speaking very minimal Italian). All in all probably our best dining experience in Malcesine, at least the first time.

1  Thank SionRose
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Agli Scaligeri

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Wonderful - great atmosphere and good menu - also you are welcomed with an aperitiv - prosecco or gingerina!! loved it!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Plenty of good quality restaurants in Malcesine but many seem overpriced. This place however, offers excellent food at very reasonable prices. No lake view but instead an attractive courtyard with very efficient and friendly service.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Myself and family loved this place, very friendly and simple. Not a massive menu but enough to please my mother and my 8 year old son and cheap enough to please my husband.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The people at Agli Scaligeri are WONDERFUL! So nice, so accommodating; they make it a really lovely night. The food is good. It's not amazing. I give them four stars because sometimes you don't need a fancy night out, you just want something simple and not totally touristy and this fits the bill. The food itself was good but not great (I had the veal milanese and a homemade pasta with mushrooms).

1  Thank justtojess