“Great Lakeside Hotel”

Ambienthotel PrimaLuna
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff were very accommodating. We had made a mistake with our booking but hey were happy to change. They also helped with one additional problem of which we can't give details because we don't want to create any precedent for the hotel but take it from us it was exceptional and is difficult to think of many hotels which would have helped so much. The style will not be to everyone's taste. The hotel is set into the hillside which makes the interior on the dark side. The walls are rendered (concrete?) and then painted and the whole décor is deliberately quasi industrial - like a modern art gallery. We very much like it but if you are expecting a chintzy Ritz experience then this is not for you. We only ate breakfast which was typical continental buffet but of a good standard. The pool and hot tub were stylish and located with great views of the lake and the gym well equipped. The location is stunning. Because it is set in the hillside the main public areas are only a few metres from and above the lake providing unobstructed and unparalleled views. The hotel is an easy ten to fifteen minute walk into town along the lakeside. There is on site parking available. We have already recommended the hotel to family members who were looking for somewhere to stay in September. Malcesine itself is a lovely lakeside town - not at all seaside- tacky with some good restaurants and shops. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick588
There are newer reviews for Ambienthotel PrimaLuna

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I didn't stay at the Prima Luna but I had my wedding reception here and feel I should write a review based on the service I received and the food quality as both were superb! I stayed at the Luna Rossa which is nearby and two brothers own the hotels. I was put in touch with Claudia and Antonio by Luna Rossa after enquiring about a wedding reception venue. Claudia & Antonio were so helpful & accommodating from this point onwards that I had complete confidence about my wedding day and had every reason to be. The table decorations were placed exactly as discussed, the view was superb, we had the whole terrace to ourselves and could connect our own music throughout the reception. I had multiple email conversations with Claudia & Antonio regarding the menu and they accommodated all of my requests. We had so much delicious food, wine and prosecco during the reception and the service was phenomenal! The main host (not sure of his name) was so attentive all day always ensuring everyone had a full glass and there was never ending food supplied, always checking everyone had enough. When the sun was setting my husband and I walked to the lake shore in front of the hotel and he even brought a bottle of prosecco and glasses for us while we had photos. After the wedding Antonio also invited my husband & I back for a complimentary meal and wine which was a lovely gesture. I can't thank Antonio, Claudia and all the staff enough for a fantastic reception and so many amazing memories. The service was of a standard I've never received before at other hotels/venues and Claudia even went to the trouble of loading with her friend who isthe local florist on my behalf as her English wasn't great. I just can't fault it. Superb experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sally k
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Once you get over the initial brightness of the decor (which may not be to everybodys taste) you realise what a special Hotel this is. We stayed in a superior room with a Lake view and that was worth paying the extra money. The Rooms are spotlessly clean with all the facilities you would expect and really spacious. The restaurant staff were terrific, nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was magnificent four courses served at the table with a great choice. The Swimming pool is slightly on the small side but with the Lake 5 metres from the Hotel this is not a problem. This Hotel was ranked as a 3 Star Hotel but in my opinion should be graded higher as I have stayed in 4 star Hotels that were nowhere near as good as this. I would stay at this Hotel again if I visited Malcesine. The Resort is fantastic and is served by a really good Ferry service which enables you to get around the lake easily. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone as it help make our Holiday a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a lake view you will not regret it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time in Lake Garda topped off by a great 6 night stay at this hotel. very modern hotel located right next to the lake with spectacular views from everywhere in the hotel.
We stayed in a basic room which is underground so had no view but this didn't matter as it was still reasonably large, quiet and had everything you need. The only slight problem was that the bed was a little hard for me but I have trouble sleeping in different beds anyway.
The bar and dinning areas were great with a breathtaking view of the lake and mountains, we didn't have the dinner but it looked good. There was a huge choice for breakfast with breads, pastrys, ham, cheeses, exotic fruit etc all very tasty. There is a pool and jacuzzi area where you can lay on the sun loungers and make the most of the amazing panoramic views of the area. The pool water was a little chilly but refreshing in the 34 degree heat and the jacuzzi was very relaxing especially for my other half who hasnt been in one before.
The hotel is in the perfect place for exploring the city, 10-15 walk to Malcesine centre and the harbour for boat trips to various towns on the lake.
Definitely recommend taking the Funiva (cable car) in the centre of Malcesine to the top of Mount baldo Its 20 euros per adult and the view from the top is awesome.
All in all a wonderful trip. Wish we where still there now!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We married in Malcesine at the Castle in June 2014 through Italian Lakes Weddings, who recommended the Ambient Prima Luna Hotel for our reception. The hotel itself is uber modern with a very quirky interior design, which may not be to everyone's taste. However, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - Antonio and his staff are amazing and see to your every need! We had our reception on the terrace and it was made up beautifully, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the table layout was even changed at the last min to meet my requests. Now I haven't even started on the food! Delicious and beautifully presented, served by the friendly staff who completely bent over backwards for us! If you were to consider having your reception here it comes highly recommended from me, my husband and my 38 guests!

Room Tip: Did not stay at the hotel however I can imagine the rooms to be quirky and immaculate to reflect the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalie D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived in Malcesine to warm sunshine after a good transfer from the Airport in Verona.
We werem shown to our room and were pleased with the ground flor location with wonderful view of the lake and mountains.
The flowers I had organised with the hotel for my wifes birthday were beautiful and stayed lovely for the whole of our ten day stay.
We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the location close to the lake and the lakeside path into town was a pleasant stroll to walk off the buffet breakfast on our way to the narrow streets of Malcesine and all its little shops and cafes. The market in town on Saturday morning kept us entertained and we used the local bus service to get around. We also used the ferry to go to Limone.
Dinner at the hotel was good and varied and we enjoyed the various choices and the set meal.
The restaurant staff were excellent and spent time explaing all the various choices and options.
Olivio and the team kept us smiling as we chatted with them as they looked after us during dinner.
Look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peters591
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic loaction, just 10 min walk from town. Views from the lake view rooms are breathtaking, and the staff are very helpful. the decor was a little too funky for us, everywhere was painted red and black with a lot of brushed concrete! but everywhere was clean and the room sizes are good.

Room Tip: the lake view rooms are worth every penny
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malcesine
Hotel Lago di Garda
Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort
Majestic Palace Hotel
Majestic Palace Hotel
#13 of 71 in Malcesine

Been to Ambienthotel PrimaLuna? Share your experiences!