“Amazing views, great service. Very quiet!!”

Park Hotel Querceto
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing views, great service. Very quiet!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at the Park Hotel Querceto with my fiance last week for 7 nights and we had a great time. The hotel itself is lovely, definitely worth the 4 stars as it's clean and has all the amenities. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was lovely. The only criticism there is that the wine is expensive. The food itself is well priced however the total bill will mount up with any alcohol (beer is around 5 Euro and the cheapest wine is 20 Euro).

We stayed in a lake view room and the view was absolutely stunning, a real picture postcard. I will add the panoramic picture that I took to the photos when I am done reviewing. You won't be disappointed if you choose a lake view room. The air-conditioning worked very well on the hot days, it cooled the room quickly and evenly and did not make too much noise. The fridge was stocked (though again, expensive drinks) every day and the room cleaned/freshened every day too. We ate breakfast in the hotel a few times as it came included within our room and again, it was lovely. There was a lot of choice for breakfast so something for everyone including fussy eaters like myself and my partner!

The pool was clean however it was VERY cold. It says on the website that it is heated to 35 degrees - this is not the case. We went down to the pool on one of the hot days of our holiday and although my partner jumped in, he was out again straight away and I could only dip my toe - FAR too cold to swim in comfortably. We didn't complain about this but had we stayed longer, we might have. Also - the pool area was very quiet - no music or anything playing - so nobody spoke to each other and it felt a little clinical, like a doctors waiting room but the views were stunning it has to be said - and the area clean.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The lady who works there does not speak any English so it's a little difficult communicating if you need something and she's the only one there but the others do. We needed an iron (as we were attending a friends wedding during our stay) and it was provided promptly after a conversation with the manager. We needed a taxi for the morning of the wedding and if you need one - I would suggest ordering it for MUCH earlier than you really require it as despite ordering ours the day before we needed it, it was 45 minutes late. Luckily we had given ourselves plenty of time so we weren't late but had we not pre thought it out, we wouldn't have got to the wedding ceremony on time.

Finally - I would absolutely recommend having a rental car if you plan to stay here. In hindsight, we would not have booked this hotel and would have stayed in the town instead as that's where our wedding friends were and they could simply walk to the restaurants and bars from their hotels whereas there is absolutely no way we could have done - it would have taken about 2 hours I think. The hotel is about 5k up a mountain, literally. It takes 15 minutes to drive down to the town and then you have to pay to park (we spent about 50 Euro just on parking this holiday) if you're able to find a space. If you're happy with driving and don't mind the distance, stay here, the views are worth it. If you prefer somewhere with easy access to Malcesine, stay in the town.

PROS:
Beautiful, breathtaking views over Lake Garda.
Quiet hotel, quiet pool area.
Very clean and tidy, room refreshed daily.
Food lovely, plenty of choice of wine.

CONS:
Expensive room rate (£130+ a night for two people sharing).
A little too quiet making it a little uneasy in areas.
Expensive alcohol.
Not within walking distance of, well, anything really.

In conclusion; The hotel is lovely and the staff are friendly. Stay here if you're looking for a lovely relaxing holiday and don't mind driving to/from the town or if you're using it as a base to visit other places around Lake Garda. If you want to be able to walk into town and don't mind not having the amazing views that this place provides then choose somewhere closer/cheaper in Malcesine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brighton
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in this lovely hotel for a week. The service was excellent and the staff could not do enough for you.
The four course evening meal was excellent with a good choice of wine (water expensive though @ €9 per bottle). We booked half board but lunch is also included which was a bonus.
The facilities are wonderful (spa, swimming pool, loungers, jacuzzi).
The hotel is set up in the mountains and there are lovely walks but in the heat this can get too hot.
We did not walk down in to Melcesine as the route did not look safe.
There is a local bus service that runs five times a day and is only €1, last one from hotel 18.45 which means if you want to go into Malcesine after dinner which is from 19.30 you need to get a taxi which is €15 (hotel can arrange and they are really nice). Or other alternative is to hire a car to get around. Although we just planned our days around the bus service and the odd taxi.
I would recommend this hotel and staying in Melcesine as it is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester
Reviewed 6 June 2013

When we first discovered Malcesine, we stayed at PHQ and loved it. Up in the hills, fabulous views and so forth.

But we have moved away from here as the service seems to have fallen over the years.

The straw that broke the camels back was when we stayed for the Garda Marathon and my wife was going to meet me at the finish line and the management of the hotel failed to let her know that no taixs or buses where running that day and she had to walk down the hill (approx 45 mins) to the finish line. This is despite the fact they had a hotel bus sat there and several other partners of runners having to make their own way down.

Just no thought and it's sad as it's a cracking little hotel.

Also, I would not recommend staying with kids as the dining routine is not fitting and the dining room is formal or I should say, too formal for kids.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Myself and my boyfriend spent just 2 nights in Hotel Park Querceto in September. The whole trip from the town to the hotel had me in awe, and when we got into our room and saw the view, I was gobsmacked, The room was warm and cosy, had fluffy dressing gowns, slippers, a mini-fridge, and a large and modern bathroom. I felt relaxed the whole time I was there...the pool, jacuzzi and sauna definitely helped. It was heaven, and so quaint and quiet.

I wasn't disappointed by anything, per se, but I would recommend for people who are staying there to either put extra money aside for the taxi that you will need to pay for to get to and from the town (costs about 15 euro, and there seems to be only one taxi man in Malcesine so you may have to wait a while to get anywhere), and to maybe venture into town to have dinner instead of eating at the hotel. While I did enjoy my meal, I thought it was a bit too expensive for what I got, and the next night I had a much more enjoyable meal in a lovely restaurant on the edge of the lake for half the price. But they really are just little things, I still give this hotel 2 thumbs up. I'm already itching to get back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel has a number of good points and only one real bad point which is how far it is from the town.

Firstly, this hotel is very traditionally decorated giving an old worldly feel to it. However, it has so many modern aspects tastefully added. The rooms are a good size and the bathroom is very modern. We had a lake view room which was fantastic. Breakfast is served in the terrace and the views really can't be beaten. The swimming pool is also located to give Great Lake and mountain views. The views from here make the hotel what it is and it is definitely a romantic location!

Breakfast is reasonable, however, dinner is expensive and not particularly great. There are far nicer places to eat in town. Maybe we had been spoilt by the amazing Italian food we'd eaten, but this hotel's food did no where near match up.

The distance to town is too far to walk in the heat. But hardened walkers may disagree. Most people at the hotel had a car and taxi's cost around 15euros. However, there is also a bus that does limited times to and from the hotel at only 1euro! The last bus back was at 11 so it was perfect timing to be able to eat in town.

Overall, if you want a romantic relaxing hotel and don't mind paying the odd taxi and getting the bus (which is driven by an hilarious local) this is a good place to stay

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ValpolicellaKG
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We cannot say enough about the friendly and professional staff in the hotel. They were so pleasant and helpful,nothing was to much trouble.At first, we were concerned that the hotel was situated way up in the mountain and a taxi to the town was €15 each way, Andrea (Manager) from the hotel told us about a local bus service which stops right outside the hotel and the best thing about it was that the fare was only €1 each way, a no-brainer compared to the taxi! The facilities and gardens are beautiful and the view spectular! We had a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend the Park Hotel Querceto, Malcesine. It is truly a hidden gem. Helen & Liam O'Malley Ireland.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mis-fitzs
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Drove in from Frankfurt, Germany to visit friends and family in Malcesine. We arrived into the town at midnight, which was too late to check into our rental home nearby. We realized we would need an emergency place to stay until the morning. This hotel was the closest, but pricey. Even though it was midnight and they still had vacant rooms they only lowered the price a little bit. We were tired and desperate, and they won.

Our room was right off the lobby and was fairly quiet and cozy. A large and beautiful breakfast was included on the patio which overlooked the lake. Although we never stay in a hotel in Malcesine, this was probably the nicest one to stay in so it was a treat. Do know that you'll need a vespa or car to stay here, but it's worth the peaceful country setting during the high tourist season downtown. There's also a bus stop outside of the hotel, but I'm not sure of the schedule. Also check out the restaurant across the street if you're looking for an old-world authentic pollenta and rabbit meal.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family