My daughter was married at the castle in Malcesine this summer and we picked the Villa Smeralda as a place to stay by sticking a pin in the list of hotels that came up in TripAdvisor.
We found it a clean, comfortable and very well run hotel. There are lots of good hotels in the area and competition must be keen.
Plus points were :
- location off the busy main road so quite quiet,
- good, quiet air conditioning - it was 30+ degrees C in July and it was needed.
- view from the lake side rooms was fabulous, always something to watch on the lake from the balcony,
- good swimming pool
- very friendly and helpful service by all the staff. Alessandro the manager made us feel esepcially welcome.
- choice of half board or B & B each day if you fancy eating out one evening. (beware of the walk back !)
- most staff spoke some english, many were very good
- food was to a good standard, although to predominantly German taste.
- bathrooms to excellent standard
Only negative point :
- there's a 15-20 minute walk up a gradual hill back to the hotel, which after a long, hot day can be a trial.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Villa Smeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smeralda Hotel Malcesine
- Hotel Villa Smeralda Malcesine, Lake Garda, Italy