“Great location and air conditioning!”

Ambienthotel Luna Rossa
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed here for one night for a friends wedding.

I stayed here last minute sharing with a friend who had already booked the room. The hotel were great at sorting out airport transfers only a couple of days before travelling. The only observation I would have is that I was verbally told 25 euros each way, but it was confirmed on email as 30 euros each way. However this could have been as it was very last minute.

The hotel is very clean and our balcony looked over Lake Garda so was nice. Room was very small and functional but it had airconditioning so I had absolutely no complaints as it was very very hot so it was a godsend. I heard from other wedding party members that there are a lot of other hotels without air conditioning.

The location was excellent. In the town but not in a noisy area. It really was perfect and not very far from the wedding reception restaurant. The pool and garden area is lovely too (not that I had time to go in it).

The town itself is beautiful and the setting at the top of the castle in Malcesine is stunning!

The staff were very helpful and friendly too. As I wasn't there for very long and had an early flight I didn't get to sample breakfast but my friend said it was very very good. I would definitely use this hotel again if staying in Malcesine, but I would probably request a slightly larger room if available. I have no idea if the rooms vary in size.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LouiseNSurrey

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wife, two friends and I have just returned from a 10 night stay in this Hotel, and I really can't praise it enough. The staff work tirelessly to help make your stay special, from the moment you arrive, Luca offers you a complimentry drink. To a lovely parting gift when you check out ( I won't spoil the suprise). The rooms are clean, the beds comfy, the pool area clean and tidy with a very well kept garden area. The continental buffet breakfast is plentyfull, with a good choice of breads, cakes, meats, cheeses, fruits and hot drinks. The light snacks served at lunch time are great and reasonably priced as are the drinks from the bar. It's location is great for the lake, castle, cable car, and the many bars and eateries in the town centre. If you have already booked this Hotel you won't be disapointed, if you are still trying to decide on a Hotel, look no further.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank smiggy1
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have just arrived back from staying at this hotel for a week. We were visiting Malcesine to get married. This hotel is ideally located within a short walk from the centre and has a lovely view of the castle. The hospitality from Luca was first class. Nothing was any trouble for him and he was very accommodating to our needs. We had family/friends staying in different hotels in the area but were made to feel very welcome by Luca whenever they came to visit us. We were half board so had a lovely walk to the sister hotel for our evening meal. It was only a short (flat) walk along the lake. The food was out of this world with a vast choice on the menu and the service was fabulous. We were very surprised at how affordable the drinks were in the hotel and surrounding bars/restaurants. The only critisim I could find is the rooms were quite small and a bit dated, however, they were cleaned daily and the whole hotel was spotless. We had our 3 year old son with us so moving around the bedroom with all our stuff was tricky at times. I would definately recommend this hotel for solo, couple, family travellers and we will definately visit this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed in Hotel Luna Rossa for a wedding in September. Was so glad I choose this hotel, it was fantastic. The rooms are fairly sparsely furnished but it didnt matter. It was really clean and comfortable and it was an incredibly charming hotel, the staff were so friendly and it was so close to all the main sights of the town. Its minutes away from the lakeside, the castle and the main shopping and eating areas. If you are styaing in Malcesine for a wedding or just a holiday I would highly recommend this hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the hotel annex on the upper floor on the far right as you go in. It had a g...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Our family stayed at the Luna Rossa in September before our daughters wedding at the castle,.
It is a wonderful hotel the hospitality is outstanding. Nothing was any trouble from the hosts Luca and Francesca. We were greeted with a drink on arrival until our rooms were ready. On the day of our daughters wedding they opened the dining room early for breakfast just for us. The rooms are very clean, breakfast is excellent. I would recommend this lovely hotel to anyone who is visiting Malcesine. It is a must. You cant ask for better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2012

As a solo traveller I was expecting an extremely small room, but was quite pleasantly surprised. The single room wasn't huge, but I've had worse! It was clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent and the public rooms and pool area very nice indeed. The staff were lovely and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's also in a great position, quiet but close to the lake front and the old town and castle.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank alisoncopland
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

We arrived back from the Luna Rossa on 15th September after a wonderful stay. We were greeted by Luca who informed us the rooms were not quite ready but would like to offer us a complimentry welcome drink. We were later shown to our room were the luggage was already waiting for us. Our room was in the annexe block behind the main building, it was small but immaculate. We were not bothered about the size of the room as this was more than sufficient for our stay. The tv in the room was a flat screen and we were able to watch three itv channels this came in handy as on the Wednesday we had torrential rain!

Breakfast was included for us and it was delicious, they would cook scrambled eggs if you wished but there was more than enough there to keep us happy.

Any drinks we had were charged to the room for ease and the bill paid at the end of your stay. They were kind enough to let a few of our friends who were staying at a different hotel join us for drinks around the pool and they were able to pay cash, use of the pool and whirlpool was off limits to anyone not staying at the hotel for insurance purposes but they didn't mind them sunbathing with us.

Our tv wasn't working the first few days but arriving back from dinner one night around 10.00 we spotted Luca in reception to see if there was anything he could do the next day, he was so lovely he said he'd finish serving drinks and help us after if we wanted. Luca is lovely and seemed to work all hours both here and the sister hotel.

I fully recommend this hotel and was that happy with our stay we would definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2012