Hotel Sirena
Hotel Vega(Malcesine)
US$195
US$190
  • Restaurant
All reviewssun terracestar hotelferry terminaldecking arealake gardasmall shower roomno air conhamfantastic locationbed and breakfastbrown breadlittle gemthe hotel offersclean towelsdressing tablerecommend this hotelcable car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

...and survived ! I read a good few negative comments before I left so my face dropped when I was handed the keys . Went here on a cheap and cheerful 4 day break so as I didn't pay a 5 * price I didn't expect 5* luxury . Yes room is small but I didn't go all the way there to sit in it all day . The room and bathroom were very clean and recently refurbished . Clean towels , beds made each day , floors spotless . The hotel is very very clean . Couple of notes though . 1. They take your passport on day of arrival and leave it the next day at your designated breakfast table , worth suggesting when you hand it over if they could keep it behind reception for you to pick up. 2. For the girls - there is a hairdryer, weird flexi hose contraption, its not great but you will be pleased to know water is fab out there and hair is left soft but with volume so it is easy to just let it dry naturally .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miss_Minako461
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lovely hotel within a small walk to the centre of the town and the ferry terminal which is ideal to visit other resorts on the lake.
The rooms are small but adequate, although as stated on other reviews it has no air con.We hired a fan at 1 Euro a night from the hotel which we found ok.
The breakfast is a cheese and meat buffet with bread and coffee. Just enough to set you up for the day.After breakfast coffee is allowed on the sun deck which is ideally situated on the lake with access straight in if you fancy a dip.The hotel has a little bar with reasonable prices which serves from dinner time till about 11.00.
All in all it was an enjoyable stay and if we returned we would stay here.

Thanks Elizabetta and family. Grazia molte.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank numptiesNotts
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed three nights in mid July 14. Great welcome to this small family run hotel. Rooms and public areas kept spotlessly clean. Great deck area with direct access to the lake for swimming. Conveniently situated just a stones throw from the port and numerous restaurants. Only downside is no air con in height of summer and with temperatures in the mid 30's sleeping was a somewhat clammy experience. Would stay again for the location which was brilliant.

Room Tip: Best views from the lakeside upper floors. Ask the owners for a fan in the middle of summer
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As the title suggests the location of this hotel is perfect, right on the lake front and a few steps to the central area of Malcesine. This is my second visit to the hotel, and I will return next time I am in Malcesine. The terrace built onto the lake is the best part of this hotel, perfect for enjoying your morning coffee, a drink from the bar and catching some rays on the comfortable sun beds. I stayed in a single room which was adequate for one person, it had everything I needed and I even had a lake view from my window, no balcony but double rooms with balconies and lake or mountain views are available. Breakfast is good for setting you up for the day, cereal, yogurt, fruit, bread, meat and cheese. So overall a small, quiet, clean, family run hotel, which is good value for money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank alli007
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from a two centre holiday in Italy. First week at Hotel Sirena at Malcesine on Lake Garda. This is the third time we have stayed here and we will definitely be going again. It is only a 2 star hotel but it's position on Lake Garda is perfect. Walk out of the bar area onto the decking and see the lake beneath your feet. We had a road view balcony and I loved watching the world go by. If I wanted to look at the lake I could laze on the excellent sunbeds on the decking. The food is quite basic but it's location and friendly owners more than make up for this. If I wanted a hotel with more stars in the same location it would probably be out of my price range. Even the nightly thunder storms were spectacular.

Room Tip: Lake view balcony rooms are available but road/Monte Baldo views are equally as good and less expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple