“Great value hotel”

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Great value hotel”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Just back from my first holiday in Italy and really enjoyed it. Cost of packages put me off before but a combination of this hotel plus ryanair makes a budget trip possible.
Great little hotel - basic but well equipped rooms with air-con - well kept and clean - good buffet breakfast plus a swimming pool all for approx £35pppn. Hotel will arrange transfers from local airports at cost of £20 each way pp. Great owners. A nice 10 minute stroll to town centre. Highly recommended as is the town of Macesine itself.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Just completed a 3 night stay here after reading trip advisor reviews. Found the hotel just back from main road very close to cable car. Room on top floor nice side view of the castle, spotlessly clean, decor a little dated but couldn't fault it at all as has everything we needed and was so clean and well kept. The whole hotel was, pool area, hallway etc all lovely and clean. Plenty of pool chairs, umberellas etc. hotel nice 10m walk downhill into town, was nice area felt more than happy walking around late at night. Breakfast was nice, cereal, breads, fruit cakes etc plus eggs cooked to your request. The hotel bar was very well priced too 3e for a bottle of beer. Very friendly staff they were so helpful was a really well
Priced hotel very pleased chose here

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Garni Ischia for over two weeks for a relaxing summer break and would strongly recommend it. Nice, clean rooms (we asked for and got a lake view from our balcony), decent pool and good location (only 5-10 minutes walk in to the centre of Malcesine) which for the price represents excellent value. Although German is the main second language at the hotel (as it is throughout Malcesine) English was perfectly well understood and the hotel will help you with all your sight-seeing requirements. We'll definitely go back here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Recently went to a friends wedding. This hotel is excellent, value for money. Situated little short journey up the hill in a nice quiet part of Malcesine. Rooms were spotless cleaned superbly. Customer services was outstanding the owner Massimo was such a lovely guy would go out of his way to ensure your needs were met and your holiday was great, speaks fairly good English. Highly recommend to anyone who wishes to visit Lake Garda, Malcesine. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marc C
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel is the cleaniest I have ever stayed in! Sheets and towels were spotless as well as all facilities. My Uncle was getting married at the castle so we stayed here. Great location and fabulous views from the hotel. A real authentic Italian feel. Short walk to the town but a lovely experience taking in all the local buildings, orchards and people. The pool was delightful with plenty of seating around the outside although there were a few greedy people up at the crack of dawn with their towels to claim their recliners. The staff were very helpful, we would often stay and eat lunch at the small eating area to the rear of the building. Bar was great with very generous servings and unbeatable prices. The ice cream was AMAZING! The staff could do only but please. The room was air conditioned with a small private terrace and a lovely shower and restroom also. I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for somewhere within Malcesine. The only downfall was the distance from the airport but that is no reflection on the service etc from the hotel. Will come again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SunSeaAndMe
Leeds
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed here with my husband and my mum and dad as my brother was getting married at the castle so we booked the flight and hotel seperately to avoid paying for a package deal. So glad we did as we felt we experienced the proper Italy in this lovely little family run hotel. It's a great location for the centre and not too far to walk to. The rooms are very clean with a good sized bathroom and air con. Our room (number 9) had a great view of the Lake and Castle which was superb to see whilst sat out on our veranda on an evening. The hotel also has a lovely pool which was very quiet, myself and my husband had it to ourselves on one of the days. The breakfast is great with help yourself facilities to pate, fresh homemade bread, cereals, fruit etc, everything you need really. The staff are so lovely, especially the hotel manager Bertuzzi who went out of his way to give me and my family lifts into the centre on the morning of my brother's wedding as it was throwing it down, rather than letting us order taxis, what a lovely guy! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor if you want a great view of the Lake and Castle (room number 9 if pos...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Reeny1980
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here on the last leg of our tour of the north of Italy. This place has everything that makes a great hotel great. A warm welcome, nice room, balcony, air con, great view from the window, great level of cleanliness, good breakfast, a pool, and a bar! It's 5-10 mins walk from the cable car station to go up Monte Baldo as well which is good. The owner was very accommodating and let me store my soya milk in his fridge which he then served to me every breakfast time (I'm Lactose intolerant) He also dropped us off at the shuttle bus when we were due to leave. I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Malcesine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple