“Fantastic!!!”

Beach Hotel Du Lac
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for two weeks.
The location is absolutely fantastic as it it's right on the lake and only a short but very peaceful walk into town!
The rooms ar very clean and have everything you would need.
The food is really good although we only ate at the restaurant four times it was allways to a really good standered.
The staff are very helpfull and polite.
Overall I would defonatly recommend this hotel and me and my wife are already looking at booking again next summer!!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mccash1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Probably the nicest setting in Malcesine. Far enough away from the town to be quiet but not too far as to make it a long hike.
Although Malcesine looks the same it has changed quite a bit since the last time we were there, The harbour area is now quite noisy at nights with loud music blaring. In my opinion it didn't quite suit the setting.
Many of the hotels around the lakes in Italy have Classic style rooms but the Du Lac's rooms are in a more modern contemporary style which was a nice change. The pool area didn't appeal to us much but it didn't bother us as were not interested in laying about a pool all day.
There was plenty of parking and the staff were pleasant.
If I had to complain about anything it was the slow lift. Being disabled using a lift is quite handy but I had to give up on it as almost every time I tried to use it it never arrived and I ended up climbing the stairs. Quite strange as there are not many floors in the Du Lac.
The breakfast was ok but nothing write home about.
Would I stay at the Du Lac again?....aye, I guess I would but unless the tourist board in Malcesine does something about the crappy music blaring out around the harbour I wont be back, it may appeal to some folk but it didn't do anything for us.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fflyingfish
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

My fiancé (now husband!) and I stayed at the Hotel Du Lac in early July...before and after our wedding at the Castle.
The hotel was perfect. We had a lake view room on the second floor with a balcony, chairs and sun loungers and a spectacular view of the lake and castle!
The pool area is also nice and even though the hotel seemed full we found there were always plenty of loungers free.
I disagree with the other comments made by fellow Brits re: breakfast...there was lots of good food available... About 6 different cereals, yogurts, local jams, fruit, croissants, crepes made to order, eggs, meats, cheeses and a variety of fresh breads! We found it very enjoyable anyway!
All of the hotel staff and restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly. They made time to chat to us and were so warm and welcoming it made our stay that much more enjoyable.

My parents and other family members also stayed a the Du Lac and loved it. They chose the half board option on some days (which is great value for money) and ate at the restaurant a few nights when the menu took their fancy and had lovely meals.

The hotel is ideally situated about a 10-15 min stroll from the centre of Malcesine... A lovely walk along the lake.

We fell in love with Malcesine and we'll definitely be back!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hariborose
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in June, and I have to say it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The hotel was modern, rooms were large (either facing the lake, or at the back of the hotel facing the mountains), and the staff we so friendly and helpful.

The hotel seemed to be the only one in Malcesine with it's own 'beach' (pebbles), as well as a private jetty with sun loungers. It's also a quick 5-10 min walk from Malcesine old town, so you feel like you're close enough, but not too far from the restaurants.

Will definitely be back again, and our favourite place having spent 10 days travelling around Italy (including Lake Como).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RoadTripIt
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in June for our wedding in Malcesine. We were really impressed with this hotel. We had a lake side view room in the second floor with a balcony and the views were stunning. The rooms were very clean, modern and spacious. The shower is very powerful and big. The restaurant is lovely as you can sit right by the lake and the food is nice. It's in a perfect setting along the lake front with only a 10 minute walk into the town. This is a lovely walk by the way. In my opinion this hotel had the best location in Malcesine.
The only thing I wasn't kean on was the breakfast. There was not much choice for Brits so I just had cornflakes every day. This wouldn't put me off though. We will be returning again next year.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AJE-83
surrey, England
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

One of the best hotels for the money in the best setting I have ever seen. This place is seriously unreal. I'm currently staying in this place now and I'm planning to come back next year. I suggest you book a room with a lake view on the 4th floor. It's magical.

Words cannot describe me view on this place. Breathtaking and only a short walk to the restaurants in the town. 5 mins at most along the stunning waters edge.

Book it.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Baker77
Grantham, England
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

My now husband and I stayed here in May 2013 for a week and in this time we got married.

We found our welcome warming and informative. Our room was large and comfortable but with only a view of the car park (however Malcesine is so beautiful we spent very little time in our room). There's a kettle and mugs but you have to provide your own tea/coffee. The shower cubicle is small but the shower s powerful. Our view at dinner and breakfast was fabulous - looking at the castle and mountains. As Brits we weren't treated any differently to guests from anywhere else. The food was good. Breakfast was cereal, fruit salad, bread, toast, jam, croissants, cake, eggs etc. Dinner is a 5 course affair with a small appetiser, salad (buffet), first course, main course and pudding. You have to choose your first course and main course the night before.

A commune iron is available. There is an outdoor pool and a fitness room.

The hotel is a 10-15minute walk into Malcesine. It's a beautiful lakeside walk. We loved Malcesine and Hotel Du Lac and can't recommend them highly enough!!!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple