“Lovely family run hotel, right in the centre of town”
Review of Albergo Aurora

Albergo Aurora
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
Burntwood, United Kingdom
“Lovely family run hotel, right in the centre of town”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Excellent value, very clean and well maintained and great location with bars, shops and restaurants close by. Mountain view from our room window, lake view from our bathroom window. Completely gorgeous in the mornings.

Breakfast was great with cakes, breads, eggs, cheese and ham, great coffee, etc. Loads on offer. Cosy family atmosphere, everyone was very friendly.

The square it overlooks was a little lively in the evenings (music and chatter - not too loud though) but with the windows closed and the AC on (it was really hot whilst we were there), we weren't disturbed by it. Besides it added to the atmosphere of staying in such a great little town.

Only thing that might have caused a problem was they don't except credit cards, but we managed to withdraw cash from a local bank (a bit of a hassle at the time). Would still definately use this hotel again though.

Room Tip: We had room 34, which was lovely.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was at Albergo Aurora for 3 nights two weeks ago (108,00 euros). At first I was very nervous to book a Hotel that is not 3 or 4 stars in Italy but this small and cosy family hotel surprised me. Staff was really friendly, they even let us use the kitchen to prepare something to eat! Rooms are extremely small but everything works and is very clean. Sheets and towels were changed every day. I would say it is the perfect place for students (like me and my friend) or travelers with a low budget. Not ideal for parents with baby's because there is no elevator to carry everything to the room. It's located in Malcesine's heart. You get out of the hotel and there are thousands of bars, restaurants and shops just in front of you. Unfortunately there's no internet but if you drink something at "Cafe Feudo" (just in front of the hotel) you can use the internet (I bought a 2,5 euro beer and had internet for 4 days) and I had WiFi in my room. Breakfast was actually very good, I was hoping we would get a piece of bread and coffee but we had almost everything. You can have a cappuccino, normal coffee, hot chocolate, juices, eggs, salamis and cheeses, bread, sweets, cakes etc etc! The only thing that bothered me a little was the air conditioner that smelled really bad every time we turned it on. DON'T FORGET that you have to find a place yourself on the Garda Lake to get a tan or swim and it's not that simple. Overall I liked it very much and had as usual a really pleasant time in Malcesine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I emailed the owner and asked if he had a room spare, he replied saying he did, so I asked if I could reserve the room. On arrival he told he he 'had' a room and now he didn't. We were left in Malcesine at 5pm with no hotel. (Note I am 19 and I was with my 16 year old brother). Luckily a lovely woman at the Hotel Firenze gave us a great room with a balcony, for the same price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

this hotel is situated in the centre of Malcesini, walk out the door and you have everything around you, bars, restaurants. the hotel is well run and the staff very friendly the rooms are very clean and once you shut the door and window there is very little noise from outside.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We spend 1 week in Malcesine in this nice small family hotel. We booked it over the GardaPass.com portal by credit card and we get it for 42 Euro per person including half-board. Breakfast wasn't buffet style, but you can get whatever you order: white breads, wholeseed bread, toast, jam, honey, butter, nutella, ham, salami, cheese, croisnat, joghurt, orange juice, espresso, capuccino, cafe latte, tea and milk. For dinner we was going to one of the best restaurants in Malcesine - La Pace! we always get 2 courses (first pasta and secon slice of some meet with potatoes and vegetable salad). Staff wasn't changing the blanks during our stay. We had room in second floor with view to the oposite building on the small square. So also during day we have to turn on the lights... At night there was sometime loudy on street so we can't have open windows and the A/C was turned off. To the beach it is about 500 meters under the castle. I would recommend this hotel to everybody who likes night life :-)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
rhondda valley
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We booked last minute and had a great offer 500 for the two of us what a bargin .we,ve stayed in garda we thought that was lovely but malcesine is even better. I enjoyed the bus trip from the airport to the hotel along the lake though it took 2 hours i didnt mind the hotel is in a beauitful square .cafes all around very quaint our room was very clean with shutters over looking the square i loved the italian music coming from the bars we went for a short walk to the lake it was stunning .breakfast was very good and very nice owners the room was cleaned very day i couldnt fault any thing Do vist venice well worth the money riva is just a short bus ride away and limone is a boat trip across the lake we spent the day there very diffrent from any where ive been . Hope this has been helpfull to you HAPPY HOILDAYS

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jaynewales10
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one week. Small family run hotel. Landlady speaks very little English but is extremely accomodating. Her son, Roberto, does speak English and again is very helpful. Rooms quite small but then I don't go on holiday to spend my days in the room. Very clean. Our room overlooked the square at the front which on our first night was really noisy as there was a football match on and people were in the square outside the hotel cheering, etc - closing the window was very effective and dulled the noise considerably. We were offered a room at the back but preferred to have this room for the views. Recommend you eat at the Gondoliere restaurant to the right of the hotel as this was the best we found - quite expensive but worth it for a treat. Also, the cafe/bar on the right as you leave the hotel had the best service and coffee.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple