Hotel Vacanze 2000
US$201
US$196
Hotel Astoria(Malcesine)
US$160
All reviewsthe main roadwould definitely stay here againloved this hotelminute walk along the lakeswimming poolnice poollarge roomlovely little hotelroof terracepleasant walkyogurtthe location is perfectair conmalcesine castlewonderful hotelsun loungersbrothers
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I just spent a week in Vacanze 2000, whilst attending a family wedding in Malcesine. Our 1 bed studio was perfect for us, clean, modern with all necessary facilities. It had a small balcony with great views of the mountain and lake. The pool area was perfect for a relaxing swim and a bit of sunbathing. The staff were friendly and helpful, in a very understated way, and kindly gave us a lift into town on our departure. The location is perfect for a relaxing stay, and about 15 minutes walk to town along the lakeside path, but be careful of the short walk on the main road before reaching the path as there is no footpath worth speaking of.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Wonderful hotel: close to the center of the city and lake. Fantastic view to the lake and mountains. Nice library, books from classic to Ozzy Osbourne bio. Kind personal (owners) (before trip they sent me scheme how to find hotel and how to reach it avoiding complicated steep streets). Highly recommended for those, who like peaceful stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We visited Malcesine for a wedding 22nd to 29th May.
We were greeted by Manuel who showed us to our room which was very clean, spacious with lots of storage and a great view from the balcony.
We had room 304 which was located nearest the door to the flat roof which was ideal for sunbathing.
The hotel has a small bar and provides breakfast and for the tea lovers a selection of Twinings tea like you have never seen. There is no restaurant but a 15 min walk in to the centre has everything you need, we would recommend La Pace and Mignon but all the food is good especially the Gelato I will miss that.
I would recommend a good first aid / tablet selection the local pharmacy charge 9 euros for a pack of ibuprofen!
Anyway, back to Vacanze 2000, we would definitely recommend as Manuel and his brother are great hoteliers who make you feel very welcome and are happy to chat and help with anything you need, so thank you both.
Should we visit the area again we would try an apartment especially as there are plans to renovate them.
Good luck guys and thanks for a great stay in a beautiful town.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for delux room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic weekend! Enjoyed Malcesine and hosts were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble! Small steep drive to get up, however with all the italian food it was nice to try and burn some off!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor recommendations seen. is a good hotel, clean, well positioned in Malcesine. I can not say the same about the hosts. I had some trouble finding the hotel which is why we called the reception, but the guidance that we have received not helped much. Finally I found the hotel and when we got to reception we were greeted by Manuel, who looked with contempt and obviously very upset that we've called to ask for directions I do not understand. For 5 mornings for breakfast, I never saw a smile on his face while the other guests Germans always laughing out loud. maybe because we are romanian people and we are not so welcome in Italy. It is the only hotel where I felt unwelcome. I travel a lot and I never happened that way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank quattromagic
claudiomarchetti, Direttore at Hotel Vacanze 2000, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Hello quattromagic,

normally I don't reply to reviews on tripadvisor, since I prefer to send a private email for to thank the guests for the stay, for appreciations, and suggestions.
Since, this time, the criticism is addressed directly to me, I will act differently.

The day of your arrive, a rainy day, you have phoned to the hotel to ask some directions to reach the hotel, since your navigation system don't give to you useful advices.
It's not the first time that something similar happen. Malcesine is a small town, and navigation systems often work best in large cities, than in small ones.
For this reason I send to all the guests a little map with some directions.

During our telephone conversation, I asked to you if you have noticed some road sign, to try to understand if you were close to, or far, from the Hotel.
After some informations too general, (Malcesine, Via Panoramica), you have told me that you had just passed the "Residence Alin".
Since this Residence is quite near the hotel, I have told you to stop the car near the Residence, and wait in that place, so that I can reach you with my scooter, and bring back to the hotel.
I thought it was the best solution.
So I have taken my scooter, I went out under the rain, and I waited for you, 10 minutes, in front of the Residence Alin, always under the rain.
After about 10 minutes, I went back to the hotel, and a couple of minutes after, while I was explaining the situation to my brother (I can't stay at the reception, since I was soaking wet, I needed a change of clothes), you walked in the reception of the hotel saying, that at the end, you found the way.

I don't looked at you with contempt, but I was certainly a little upset.
I don't like to stay more than 10 minutes under the rain without a reason (maybe in my next life I'll be a fish, but in this I'm a man, and I usually prefer to be dry when is raining outside).
If you didn't want to wait me near the other Residence, you had only to told me, and I looked for another solution to give the necessary indications.

For 5 mornings I welcomed you in the breakfast room in the morning, as all other guests.
I make ready the table for your daughter, after your arrival (the hotel don't have fixed tables for breakfast of the guests in the morning, so, every one can choose the favorite table, among the available. The tables are ready for two persons, so is quite easy to add an extra place, when needed).
I have tried to make some conversation, but you don't seemed very willing to talk. I am not usually force guests to talk, if I do not see them inclined to do so.

The other guests making breakfast (not only germans, but also english) are laughing (not so out loud for what I remember), maybe because your daughter are playing on the floor of the breakfast room, or singing while she was watching some TV on your Ipad (or Iphone, unfortunately after 3 months I don't remember all the details).
Sorry if the laughing of the other guests have disturbed you, but, since they too were on holidays, I don't find so unusual they were laughing.

At the end, I hope you can visit again Malcesine, and perhaps Hotel Residence Vacanze 2000 (the next time I hope you don't have problem to find it) and I wish you a merry christmas, or, if the Mayans were right, (I'm writing this reply the 14th December) a nice end of the world.

Manuel Marchetti

PS - I prefer not to argue your words "maybe because we are romanian people and we are not so welcome in Italy".
Italy is a country that usually is referred to as "a warm welcome, and attitude" with persons of other countries, especially when you take in consideration the travellers, and the sector of hospitality.
Maybe italians are not perfect in all (is there a perfect nation in the world?) but, certainly, we are not racist, and for sure I'm not.