Hotel Vacanze 2000
US$200
US$195
Hotel Astoria(Malcesine)
US$159
All reviewsthe main roadwould definitely stay here againloved this hotelminute walk along the lakeswimming poolnice poollarge roomlovely little hotelroof terracepleasant walkyogurtthe location is perfectair conmalcesine castlewonderful hotelsun loungersbrothers
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here with friends while attending a wedding in Malcesine. We booked room, while our friends had an apartment. Our room was modern and spotless, with a view over the pool and the mountains. Our friends had a partial lake view, and although dated, their apartment was huge and very well equipped. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I counted 48 different varieties of tea- as a tea drinker in Italy I found I was often the poor relation when it came to choice of beverage- not here!! The pool was not heated, so very refreshing, but very clean. The walk into town along the lake took approximately 10 minutes, and was stunning! Bit of a steep climb to the hotel on the last little bit of the return leg! Make sure to contact the hotel before you arrive for driving directions- we didn't and had quite a giggle navigating the steep, narrow lane- little did we realise, there a much easier route, but it's not signposted!
Would definitely recommend this hotel, we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the first hotel that I have stayed at in Italy in my last three visits and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very modern with the bed positioned in the middle of the room facing the patio so you could enjoy the view of the lake and mountains while in bed.

Breakfast was a pretty decent spread with meats, cheeses, and breads. There was also cereal, yogurt, and the option to boil and egg. They had three choices of juice and American style coffee or you could request an espresso.

The staff was very friendly ready to answer any questions that we had. On our last day, we were leaving before the breakfast was servered and they offered to wrap some food up for us for the road.

The main town is a short walk away, I prefer to walk along the lake which takes a little longer but the sights are worth it. You could also walk along the road to save a little time.

Lake Garda was very relaxing and if I get a chance to make it back, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My family were in Malcesine for my brothers wedding. We were very impressed with the hotel, it's cleanliness and the attention to deal provided by Manuel and Claudio. The hotel is just outside of the town centre but it is in walking distance of everything you need. The hotel is accessed by quite a steep slope from the lakeside and this was a bit tricky for my elderly father. However if you are looking for a good value hotel with exceptional friendly service we would thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room 302 on the top floor and this had a lovely lake view. There was also a window in the bathroom unlike some of the others so this gave it a light airy feel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed in the studio apartment for 5 nights as we were in Malcesine for a family wedding. The hotel situation is fantastic, up the mountain a little and only 20-25 minutes from the main town bit. The walk along the Lake to town is stunning.
The apartment was clean and lovely, perfect for us with 2 boys. It was cleaned daily and we always had fresh towels. We didn't realise that breakfast was not included and were quite surpised to find out it was 11 euros per person, but it was really good with fresh breads and fruit, so probably worth it for the lack of hassle. The kids loved the pool which was a decent size. This hotel is in the ideal spot to explore Malcesine without being in the busy, noisy bit.
I didn't find the owners friendly, but they were efficient.

Room Tip: Better views from higher up the hotel, but noisier when it rains. We were on the first floor and had a good enough view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment for 5 nights, we were in Malcesine for a family wedding. This establishment is set on the hillside, about 15 minutes walk from the town. As we were arriving early, we e-mailed well ahead of our arrival date to see if we could enter our room early, we were told no. The studio was very basic, but clean, both the shower and the toilet seat were loose and wobbly, and the bedroom was a wooden box type structure, it was ok but looked cheap rather than "contemporary". The day after the wedding I went out to relax by the pool. I had only been there a few minutes when 2 families with 3 young boys arrived at the pool. They were having fun but making a huge amount of noise. As I had seen on Trip Adviser that there was a roof terrace, I thought perhaps it would be quieter & more peaceful there. I went to ask the owner if I could go there. He said no, it was closed & he wasn't prepared to open it for me. So I had no other choice but to return to my room. If this had been low season I could have accepted this, but this was August, high season & no explanation was given, just an abrupt "no". However, the worst thing about this hotel was that no cleaning or clean towels were provided during our stay. When we booked, we were told we would be paying 35euro for cleaning. On the 3rd day I had to ask for clean towels. These were brought to our room, and the room was perfunctorily cleaned, however no other cleaning or clean towels were provided before or after this. I understand we had a studio but I have stayed all over Europe and the UK in all types of accommodation including self catering, and I have never come across this before, I think it's unacceptable. Finally, I asked about purchasing breakfast, this was 11 euro per person, my sister was at a 3* in Malcesine, her breakfast was 4 euro per person, needless to say we thought 11 euro too expensive .I would not recommend this hotel and I would not choose it again. Malcesine is beautiful, but this hotel really is not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple