As previous reviews have said, this is a clean and well run hotel. The on site facilities are great and the staff friendly and helpful especially the family that run it. There are a lot of nice little touches that add up to an excellent hotel.
Its rated a 4 star hotel presumably because there is no restaurant, but the owners are smart enough to realise with so many places to eat just a short walk away in Malcesine, there is no point having one on site and I doubt it would get enough trade to warrant the effort. That said, breakfast was excellent every day with plenty of choice and everything fresh and served in a clean spacious room so there was no queuing etc. Whilst not having a great range of snacks for the day time, there was enough choice and quality if you just wanted something to keep you until dinner. With the local Spar and the town itself in easy walking distance, food is a non-factor regardless.
The layout is excellent with every room having a lake view and the suite we had had great views. The best views are from the 2nd floor and the roof terrace (what a nice little sun trap that is!).
The pool is at the front of the hotel where you can catch the sun but there is also plenty of seated areas in the shade if you want to get out the sun for a break. The pool isn't heated, but in the middle of summer you are glad for a bit of respite from nigh on daily 30 degree temperatures!
The rooms are lovely and well appointed. The suite we had had a separate lounge/dressing area with walk in wardrobe, and the well appointed bathroom was tucked away out of sight but well lit. There was a laptop in the room for free use, as well as free WIFI. Only very minor gripe I have here is having to sign back into the WIFI every time we returned to the hotel, but its no big hassle to sign in anyway. The beds were fully adjustable which made a lovely addition. While we had our own little terrace, which was nice, because of the heat, you are more likely to head to the roof for serious sunbathing (there are covered areas for a break from the heat), or the pool if you want to be able to cool off quickly.
There are so many great things I could say about this place, but to keep it simple, this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in, for comfort, quality and value. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa Barca, which was completely renovated in 2007, lies embedded in an olive grove of 4500 square meters and it is only a stone's throw away from the historic old town and the lake. The guests can enjoy the privilege of a rejuvenating and relaxing atmosphere.The modern design is the perfect starting point for a holiday under the motto of comfort and physical wellness.Our new health spa will help you to make your dreams come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wellness Hotel Casa Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Albergo Casa Barca Wellness
- Wellness Hotel Casa Barca Malcesine, Lake Garda, Italy