I've just returned from a two week stay at the Casa Barca with my wife, on a trip booked through Thomson. This is our second visit to this excellent hotel, having previously stayed in 2012. We were so impressed with the hotel then that we were determined to return, hence our return visit this year.
Having reviewed the hotel extensively two years ago, there is not a great deal I can add to what I and many other reviewers of this hotel have said already,
It is just about the perfect small family run hotel, Just 30 rooms and run with genuine care and attention to detail by the owners and a friendly, dedicated team of staff,
It's ideally located, on a quiet panoramic road leading up into the hills behind the town, with great views of the town and lake, a short walk into town but quiet enough to be away from the hustle and bustle of the centre. Set on the hillside surrounded by perfectly maintained grounds and extensive olive groves, the hotel exudes a feeling of luxury, charm and tranquillity.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious and well equipped (although my wife found the beds to be a bit hard).
The majority of rooms have a full lake view and we stayed in one of these "executive" rooms on our previous stay. On this trip we opted for one of the two or three slightly cheaper "superior" rooms with just a side lake view. Although our room on our previous stay (No. 2) was marginally better, our room on this occasion (No. 1) was almost equally good and still had a balcony with a good side view of the lake.
Breakfast was excellent and could be taken either in the sunny breakfast room or out on comfortable armchairs on the terrace. There is no restaurant for evening meals, although this is no great hardship and if anything adds to the calm, relaxed feel of the hotel. There are innumerable good restaurants and pizzerias to suit all budgets in the town a short walk away.
The hotel is incredibly well kept by owners and staff who take genuine pride in what they do. The facilities include; a lovely pool area, a smart modern bar, a decent gym, spa facilities including sauna, spa bath and massage and a stunning roof terrace.
In summary our second stay at this hotel simply served to reinforce the view we formed on our previous stay. This is one of the very best hotels we have ever stayed in and, as Malcesine is a delightful lakeside town, we hope to return here sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa Barca, which was completely renovated in 2007, lies embedded in an olive grove of 4500 square meters and it is only a stone's throw away from the historic old town and the lake. The guests can enjoy the privilege of a rejuvenating and relaxing atmosphere.The modern design is the perfect starting point for a holiday under the motto of comfort and physical wellness.Our new health spa will help you to make your dreams come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wellness Hotel Casa Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Albergo Casa Barca Wellness
- Wellness Hotel Casa Barca Malcesine, Lake Garda, Italy