The Regio Hotel certainly makes an impact as you approach it. The entrance and grounds are beautifully kept although the parking is a little rustic. The staff, while efficient were not the friendliest we have ever met, the impression is that the hotel deals a lot with conference and business guests and less so with holidaymakers.
Although we were booked to have a mountain view room we were placed in one facing the internal courtyard. However we decided that as we were not going to spend much time there during the day we wouldn't bother mentioning it. Towels were only changed when put into the bath, even if they were quite wet. The minibar only consisted of still and fizzy mineral water. The noise from the next door room was a bit of an issue as there were two young men enthusiastically watching football and the sound travelled straight through to us. Fortunately the football ended quite early!
The Wellness center consists of a small but well kept pool with two very powerful water jets. The water is bath temperature which is not very refreshing but as we visited in February it wasn't too uncomfortable. The sauna is immaculate and looks new. There is also a steam room that we didn't use and a gym, the rest room is a little cold and noisy but you can make yourself a fruit tea from a wide selection of flavours. Swimming hats are compulsory, as they are everywhere in Italy and are available at the desk with towels and robes.
Breakfasts were excellent, a good variety of breads, cakes, savoury meats and cheese, fresh fruit and yogurts. The coffee surprisingly was instant from a machine and the fruit juice tasted like orange squash!
There is also a bar but it was never open when we wanted to use it in the evening. The restaurant menu was okay but we preferred to eat in the town where we had greater choice.
A WORD OF WARNING as we left we were presented with a bill for the Wellness Center, as this was not advertised as being an extra we were very surprised, especially as this is meant to be a 4 star hotel. It wasn't expensive, however extra expenses should be made obvious to guests before they commit themselves to using them, again, this smacked of a hotel that is used to guests who are on an expenses account.
All in all the hotel is comfortable enough, but only if you are paying a reasonable price. For the price advertised in the room it would have been very overpriced so if you want to stay here make sure you shop around. Okay but don't bother going if you are looking for a fabulous experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated right in the heart of the Gargano, Regio Hotel Manfredi is a 4 star complex, opened all year round, ideal to welcome individual leisure and business tourism, groups, congresses, incentives and ceremonies. Regio Hotel Manfredi, only 2 Km from the town of Manfredonia and 3 Km from the sea, covers a 60.000 square metres surface in an almost natural oasis; it has 100 rooms with 8 suites, on 2 floors served by lifts, with a panoramic balcony from which the Gulf of Manfredonia and the Gargano Promontory can be seen. Manfredi Wellness is the new wellness center located inside Regiohotel Manfredi, it's ready to welcome you in a comfortable and refined environment, dipped into a relax and quite corner, a precious oasis far from everyday routines where you can completely dedicate to your body and to your mind. A journey filled of all wellness faces, from relaxing time in the hydromassage thub, hammam and sauna, to all the kind of massages and body treatments, full equipped. Mafredi Restaurant will close the ring of the health path with its genuine and healthy food from Gargano land. Live your wellness time. Please remember: Manfredi Wellness access requires bathing cap, bathing suit, slippers. No access allowed under 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Regiohotel Manfredi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regiohotel Manfredi Manfredonia
- Regiohotel Manfredi Hotel Manfredonia