“The Big Red Barn is 'AWESOME'.”

Hop Farm Family Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hop Farm Family Park is Kent's major visitor attraction. Open everyday (except on special event days). Pay/play rides/attractions and more.
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

If I were rating the Big Red Barn alone it would be 5* all the way.

Yesterday we came to the Hop Farm with 13 under 5s to celebrate two 4th Birthdays. We planned our day around the Big Red Barn activities. All of our children absolutely love it, the entertainers are friendly, enthusiastic, lively and it's good value (unlike the ridiculously overpriced fairground rides!!). All of our children were in fancy dress-many of them superheroes. During the party dances Adam disappeared off stage, we he came back he was dressed as Superman. The children absolutely loved it and have been raving about how "Adam joined our party". Adam knew nothing about our visit or the fancy dress until we arrived yet he still put in the effort and joined the superhero fun!
The Big Red Barn entertainments team are what makes the Hop Farm a great place, without them I doubt we would return!
THANKYOU ADAM & LEANNE!

"talks"
"sheep"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Me and cousin took my 7 and 2 ten years olds we had a really good day. Think it was great value for money ok somethings could of been 1token instead of 2 but overall didnt spend that much and we were there for a good few hours. They loved the nerf guns and the giant pillow but the highlight of the day was the BIG RED BARN the magician was fantastic great tricks but the overall stand up by him was amazing he was great with the kids but also a good laugh for the adults I would def recommend the magic show. Overall great day out but would recommend taking pack lunch and drink as prices are a big steep but good place for all ages would def be returning :)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Basically a fairground with a few rides to suit children up to approximately10 years! Rides are extremelly expensive with the token system and most of the staff looked disinterested and were not particularly helpful. The whole place looks tired! We didn't pay to see the animals as this was also very expensive. It would have been nice to have had something showing children a little about hop farming so they could see what the coasts were used nfor!

2  Thank Nicola E
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Being the summer holidays we had two of our grandchildren to stay with us. We always take them on a day out somewhere, but as they have been a few times now we were wondering where to take them this time? I had heard good reports from people about the Hop Farm Family Park so thought I would take a look at their website, am I glad I did as I found out you can buy tokens that can be spent at the park on various attractions. I was unsure if I needed to buy these tokens with cash or card so I emailed to ask within 15 minutes back came the reply saying I could use either and they looked forward to seeing us tomorrow which I thought was nice? We arrived parked without any problems and made our way through the entrance to buy some tokens. I asked about paying the £1 for the car park but was told we only charge that if we have to have a parking attendant so we don't want that ? Bought the tokens and off we went with the grandchildren to spend them? Sue & I thought that the amount of tokens needed for the different attractions was very good, and the range of things available to keep the children happy we thought was great. We were very impressed with the effort and hard work that was shown to the children by the guy and girl at The Big Red Barn, which also allowed the adults in free so we didn't have to stand outside for 30 minutes! Our two grandchildren and us all enjoyed the balloon shaping class. We didn't see the magic show as the horse & cart ride was on at the same time bought a family ticket to enter but includes farm animals, stables, reptile house and birds of pray plus much more and they put a wrist band on you and you can come and go all day as well which was great fun and value again for all of us. We had something to eat and again it was very tasty and reasonably priced which was a pleasant change these days! We all had a full fun packed day which finished up in the big red barn for the grandchildren to join in the kids disco which they thought was great fun! I have to say well done Hop Farm Family Park not only have you got a great bunch of happy smiling staff you also get my vote as a top attraction as you have got your prices right to give a great fun day out at a fair affordable price. Thank you until we see you again Sue & John Eastbourne