“Random…..”

Hop Farm Family Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hop Farm Family Park is Kent's major visitor attraction. Open everyday (except on special event days). Pay/play rides/attractions and more.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Random…..”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Visited today with my two year old and a friend with two older children. No real identity and all a bit random. Trip Adviser was mentioned twice by different employees - have management asked them to tout for reviews? The chap in the Big Red Barn I heard twice tell people (including the crowd at the end of a show) that he is self-employed and receives a % of the token value (which I heard him say 30p to a lady outside). Quite frankly this is in poor taste, today it rained and there must have been 40-50 people in the magic show, based on 40 at two tokens each that is 60p per person x 40 = £24 for an hour's work? Even shared with the other girl that's £12 each. I don't earn that an hour! I do not expect to hear staff talking about their salaries.

Staff seemed lack lustre - well apart from those in Hoppers who were happy and helpful.

Strange experience in the cafe - appalling food selection! Was told there were no sandwiches on offer so asked for a baguette (on the menu) and got told "I'd come on the wrong day, we don't have any, we weren't expecting to be this busy!" REALLY? It was only a few minutes past noon. There was nothing my daughter could drink (I had to leave the dining area to buy still water elsewhere) and everything on offer was terribly unhealthy - I wish I'd taken a picnic.

We won't be re-visiting.

1 Thank Beccie1980

london
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Well where did the history go? Totally spoilt this beautiful venue with cheap rides which cost a fortune. Things available for all children ages but farm is not free have to pay again for all. Expensive day out and restaurant was closed in summer holidays very disappointed as all the history of the hops and whit read been taken away what a shame

2 Thank fiona604
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The hop farm has lost it's identity completely !”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

After not visiting the hop farm for a few years we decided to return to see how it had been improved ? It is true to say money has been spent on the site , but unfortunately the history of hop picking and it's workings has all been lost ! It's now a small fun fair where the main attractions cost 3 or 4 pound a go . So it could end up a very expensive day out . More money required to visit the animals 10 pound for a small family as these were behind a 8 foot fence :-( . To sum up very disappointed indeed , will not be returning in the future.

2 Thank Mark B
surrey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“great for little one”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

i went with a 8 & 10 year old but two other families. I was not sure what to expect after the reviews.
The playground is free but everything else you buy tokens for 1-3 tokens per ride. ie: giant pillow 1 - bungee trampoline 5.
My girls would have been bored had they not been with friends. We came from surrey so not worth the drive but if you live local ish and have small kids probably worth a visit.
We had an ok time but wouldn't go again

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Big Red Barn is 'AWESOME'.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

If I were rating the Big Red Barn alone it would be 5* all the way.

Yesterday we came to the Hop Farm with 13 under 5s to celebrate two 4th Birthdays. We planned our day around the Big Red Barn activities. All of our children absolutely love it, the entertainers are friendly, enthusiastic, lively and it's good value (unlike the ridiculously overpriced fairground rides!!). All of our children were in fancy dress-many of them superheroes. During the party dances Adam disappeared off stage, we he came back he was dressed as Superman. The children absolutely loved it and have been raving about how "Adam joined our party". Adam knew nothing about our visit or the fancy dress until we arrived yet he still put in the effort and joined the superhero fun!
The Big Red Barn entertainments team are what makes the Hop Farm a great place, without them I doubt we would return!
THANKYOU ADAM & LEANNE!