“Do not reommend”

The John Brunt VC
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Paddock Wood
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 11 March 2014

not good for a local pint. would not reccomend it. No proper beers to drink in. rather stay at home. Food is not ver goof too. I widh i had posotive feed back, but I cannot. so i go some where yo drink.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

The pub wasn't up to much and the food menu was terrible to say the least, the staff were nice and welcoming..but it really seemed like a run down and only used by local men type of place.. I think to attract more custom they do really need to up their game1

1  Thank shaz22_12
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Ended up in Paddock Wood on a Sunday evening - totally starving!! Obviously we were passing through as there is NOTHING THERE! Decided to eat at this establishement as nothing else was open for at least 30/40 minutes and we didn't want to wait.
The lady staff member was very nice, professional, knew her job - not much else to say about that really!
Inside was nice, just a typical 'old man' pub, just the way I like them! The menu was limited but full of promise with traditional items ie pies, sausages n mash, roasts etc.
I had the lasagne which was moist (if that makes sense!) sometimes it can be dried out and over grilled, but this time it was really nice. Came with garlic bread (as expected) which was lovely and the salad was equally as nice without being overpowered with too much dressing. All in all it was a highly enjoyable meal for me, I also finished every bite - yum yum!!
My partner on the other hand was a different story. He opted for the steak pie. unfortunately the had no steak pie so he was given the option of a chicken and veg pie instead. Naturally he jumped at this (it is pie after all). When the chicken ad veg pie arrived he was less than impressed with the shortcrust pastry (I had expected this). However, the chicken and veg pie was indeed steak pie!! Figure that out!! i myself thought the pastry was nice however it was far far too thick which detracted from the taste of the filling which was indeed really really nice!
In all honesty I would have given the pace 4 stars, but my partners dislike for the pie downgraded the score.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

went for sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago and we were very impressed.
had roast chicken with fresh veg,proper roast potatoes(not frozen) and roast parsnips all for the amazing price of £5.99. service was very good ,very nice couple running the pub and nothing was to much trouble
really hope they can keep this up as paddock wood needs a good pub.