We were backpacking in Italy and chose to stay at PLUS Camping Jolly for three nights whilst we visited Venice. We stayed in a 3 person tent, consisting of a bunk bed and a single bed. The walk from Venice Mestre is quite far, but didn't take much more than half an hour (better that than pay for a taxi!)
We stayed in June, but the nights were very cold. It's also worth noting that as we were staying in a tent, we could hear everything outside (perhaps avoid the tent if you're a light sleeper). We were woken up on a couple of mornings by builders laying a concrete base, it was early in the morning (7am-ish). This was unfortunate, but obviously it doesn't happen all year round, so don't let it affect your decision to stay!
We did not pay a lot at all for our stay here, we wanted to pay as little as we could for accommodation. We found this place to be excellent value for money.
As for the facilites, the pool was great and clean (seemed to be open all the time!). The pool side bar and restaurant were good, food and drink was cheap. The reception was always quite busy, especially at check-out times. The campsite did have wifi, but you could only get a signal if you were near the hotspot(s), if not, there were five or six computers in reception that were free to use.
The tents felt safe to leave our backpacks in during the day whilst we visited Venice. We did make use of the lockers in reception (bring your own lock) for 1 euro a day.
- Excellent value for money!
- Good, clean facilities
- Restaurant was nice (fairly cheap)
- Tents are not sound-proof at all (not sure what we were expecting though!)
All in all, had a great stay here. Lots of backpackers like ourselves were staying here at the time of our visit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camping Village Jolly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plus Camping Jolly Hotel Venice
- Camping Village Jolly Province Of Venice/Marghera