Hotel Vienna
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The hotel is located very close to the bus station.
Staff at reception desk was very helpful and friendly.
Adequate breakfast.
Small room, furniture a little old but comfortable.
Good hotel for a short break.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GabrielPRA
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Hi, just got back from Venice (November 2012).
Can I just point out that Venice is one of the most expensive cities to visit in the world and I advise to google hotel prices in venice before criticising this hotel!
2 x adults and 2 x teenagers - we got flights from Leeds Bradford and stayed in The Hotel Vienna on the outskirts of Venice from Tuesday to Saturday, we booked through Travel Republic and paid for airport parking and paid £600 total. Yes, £600 for ALL of us!
Take a flight to Venice airport (Traviso I think it's called) then get on the shuttle coach which is just outside the airport and costs 7 euro's each. This drops you off at Mestre train station. Go into the station and go downstairs into the 'subway' - there are signs on the wall directing you to Marghera. Walk along this subway and outside head towards the fountain/roundabout. The hotel is near this fountain. It is a (timed) 7 minute walk. People who got a bus from the train station must not have known about the subway because it is a less than 10 min walk away. The hotel is a rough as you would expect for the price we paid but still it was okay. It smells like a chinese takeaway but not horrible. Staff were nothing but nice and friendly, breakfast was typical continental. No air con but heating. Honestly I challenge you to find me a better hotel and flights for that price in the school holidays!! And venice is AMAZING!!!

Room Tip: We got a family room for 4 people.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Linzifrom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Hotel Vienna is one of the worse hotels I have stayed while in Europe. I booked 2 rooms and stayed for a night due to its 3-star rating as advertised. The reception area was ok with 2 lifts serving the floors. However, the rooms were small, smelly with the air-con struggling to cool the rooms (we stayed in mid August with average day temp at around 35 degree). Both the room and toilet were looking very outdated and suffered from a lack of maintenance. The TV in the room was one of those cathode ray tube set that went into extinction some 15 years ago. Sound proofing was an issue too as we could clearly hear noises and conversations from both the corridor and the next room. The bathroom was a total disgrace, very run down with rusted metals and stains everywhere. The shower was looking like a make shift item right in the middle of bathroom and in front of the toilet with shower curtain. I beleive a 3* star hotel should have at least a decent shower cubicle/facility. The flooring was uneven, wet and slippery once one had a shower. Although there was a hair dryer, but it was broken and not working. The breakfast was not looking very appetising too. There were also frequent coaches bringing in Asian tourists to either stay or dine in its restaurants. Do not be fooled by its 3* rating as Hotel Vienna is best a 1* hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MacLik
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Have just spent a couple of nights here. We were a party of four females with age range from 21-70. After reading some of the previous comments I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were smallish but clean, the beds were quite comfortable and the breakfast was continental and more than adequate with a good choice and nobody looking over your shoulder counting how much you had. Being only a 5 minute walk from the train station and the stop for the transfer bus from Treviso airport is an added bonus. The staff were friendly. Yes, we could have got an hotel on the island but would have had to pay a lot more and the 10 minute train ride over (2 euro.60 return) was no chore.
For a short break this hotel is ideal if all you are looking for is a clean bed and basic breakfast. It looks like it caters for a lot of asians (I believe it is Chinese owned) so, all the more interesting. I agree the air con was not working at capacity but even so the room was not unacceptably hot. I would use this hotel again if I return as for the price we paid I consider I we got good value. Be aware that city tax is payable 1.80 per night each on top of the room price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bungeeflyer
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Average hotel, lovely and relaxing! Right around the corner from Venice mestre rain station (literally 2mins) and only takes 5 mins to get Ito Venice on the train! Breakfast included too!(although slept over alarm so did not have it)
Deffinately recommend!!