“The Dark Side of The Moon”
Review of Hotel Vienna

Hotel Vienna
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Marghera
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First of I'd like to say that I knew that this was not going to be a pleasant stay before I even had a foot in the hotel:
The dark,gloomy sense the hotel gave off was unbearable. Blood red stairs and up I went, hoping for the best. The first thing I noticed when I went in my room was that the lights were broken. My stay might have been described as dark but it may have been even worse. I later found a crawler on my shirt and when I went to shower, the sliding doors were on its hinges. Disgusted as I was, I showered and went to bed. It was musty and even worse, I was freezing. The provided blankets were barely thicker than a needle point. Even if the AC was turned off, you would still feel chills in your nightmares(probably caused by your surrounding). That's all I have to say for now.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank icecube9
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vienna

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Here's my experience at this hotel:
1. I asked the owner of the hotel if there were any italian restaurants nearby, (we didn't want to eat Chinese food) and the guy blatantly lied and said there were none. We later found out that there was one literally one block away!! Note: We spoke mandarin and he clearly understood us
2. Our main room lights didn't work, so we were left with the little desk light.
3. The smell of the room was indescribable
4. There were flying bugs in our bathroom
5. The two sliding doors of the shower were LITERALLY hanging on one hinge and kept falling off.
6. The Thermostat didn't actually change the temperature so we froze with the AC all the way on
7. The place is infested with Asian tourists
8. The other room my parents were in, had a leaking bathtub so their bathroom was flooded
9. Wifi is available only in the lobby, with a 3 euro payment
10. Beds were squeaky and cheap; basically a mattress on a foldable base.
Only go as a last resort!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Phunkee_monkee
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I wanted a convenient hotel to stay at overnight before going into Venice in the morning and knew this hotel wasn't "nice" but was not ready for the level of low of this hotel. The room stank like there was a dead animal inside, the air conditioner did not work, the windows did not open, there were barely any lights, the list could go on and on. If this room was free I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joel J
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is 10mins walk from Mestre train station and easy to find if you have a map with you. I stayed at this hotel for two days but it was almost an awful experience. You will meet either a serious looking italian lady or a chinese man with very damming attitude in welcoming the guests. Anyway after check-in, we took a small elevator to 2nd floor. The room was OK with window towards main street. One of the bed in the room was broken but was replaced after we asked for it. However beds were very uncomfortable with sags in the middle. Attached bathroom was quite OK. Wifi is only available in the lobby and can be used for one hour for each day of your stay with voucher available from reception. There was a computer in the lobby that was free to use anytime. One can take bus from near the hotel to Venice for few euros.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Usman K
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Was here a few years ago. Nothing to shout about except near Venice Island. Lift & room was very small. Ran by folks from Mainland China . There was a bar, Cafe, Restaurant. Lobby very gloomy & smoky/ The most the lift could take was only 2 persons .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Well...why we choose this hotel..simply..a cheaper option then Venice island (125eu) 2nd its near to train station as we arrived late night so it was easy for us to get there 3rd it took us only 10 min on bus to reach the main island. The hotel is owned by a Chinese group most of staff are Chinese people. At our arrival the man at reception desk was very busy at that time of night so we took about 1.5 hours to get the keys but was helpful and friendly as he provide us free hot water for our noodles lolzzz. Room was big bath room was good too, furniture was little old I don't know why Chinese people like rock solid beds, Its very hard to sleep on that bed. The main reason why I'll never ever return to this hotel is the BAD SMELL oh my god I kept all the windows open all night and put my towel on my face as cant use hotels towels and blankets cause of that smell. So please stay away from this hotel if you are allergic to smells. And yes its hard to find HALAL food in that area so prepare yourself in advance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank aamanaadam
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We found this place as a cheaper option to stay on the mainland instead of in Venice island itself. The location was good as it is a five minute walk from train station for both long distance and local trains to Venice. We stayed in a 4 beds room. The room was stuffy, air condition was not working and we had to open the windows to sleep. Bad news was, there were a lot of mosquitoes. While we were there, the WIFI internet was also not working but there was a common computer in the lobby for use, free of charge. For breakfast, the spread was good. This place is recommended only if you are on budget and just needing a place to stay for the night which is close to Venezia Mestre station.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marghera
Villa Adele Hotel
#1 of 1 in Favaro Veneto
Hotel Piave
Hotel Piave
#51 of 58 in Mestre

Been to Hotel Vienna? Share your experiences!