Villa Adele Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$172
US$142
Mercure
Antica Villa Graziella(Marghera)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$115
US$107
Travelocity
US$93
All reviewsaround the cornerbus stopmestre train stationminute walkpleasant stayroom ratetea coffeeno liftcontinental breakfastquiet locationnumber buseasy accesswater taxinice breakfastvisit veniceper personpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights for the Venice Biennale art festival and were very happy with it. I had spent several days checking out hotels on the main islands of Venice and was shocked at how expensive they were, which made me look to the mainland. Marghera where the hotel is located is a quiet-ish suburb just at the head of the road/rail causeway into Venice and about 15 mins by airport bus from Marco Polo.

As stated, the hotel is reasonably close to the Mestre train station. However I wouldn't walk to it at night, not for safety reasons, but more because I think it would be easy to get lost (it's a little dark and street signs aren't great).

The hotel itself is on a very quiet residential street and is a small but bright and very clean place. The staff are very friendly and obliging, particulalry the lady who mans the reception in the morning (she speaks very good English). The old boys who man the desk in the evening don't speak any English, so you're better making any complicated requests to the morning lady.

Our room (no 8)was nice - airy, clean and comfortable with great air-conditioning, if a little on the small side. We did manage to peek into the neighbouring rooms the next morning when they were being cleaned and they were alot bigger, so I can only guess we got the last room in the place. The bathroom is bright and clean with a good shower and facilities.

The breakfast buffet wasn't bad - cereal, croissants, bread, cheese ham etc. Enough to keep you going until lunchtime anyway, all served by friendly staff.

The bus into Venice is just around the corner and takes about 10 minutes to Piazzale Roma, from where you can grab a vaporetto to wherever you want to go in Venice.

There is also a very good little pizzeria about 5 mins from the hotel (Il Jiardinetto, I think - the reception has cards) which was very inexpensive and friendly - and alot cheaper than places in venice.

All in all, a very pleasant surprise to find so nice a hotel at such a decent price in one of the world's biggest tourist rip-off cities! Definitely recommended (and I'm very fussy about hotels...)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phleeps
Reviewed 10 June 2009

The little inn suited in a quiet area and they offer good value and the inn is just right next to the bus station and there is a service direct to Venice. Room is ok and the staff is helpful. I may try the other hotel next time

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days.It was a small hotel,a few minutes away from the Mestre train station and too close to the bus station.(from which,you go to the island of Venice)The room was small,but very clean.The breakfast ,although there wasn't a variety of food,it was sufficient.But what we liked most,were the people who worked there and specially,its owner.The were all very kind,helpful and willing to give us any details concerning Venice and its sights.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 November 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Villa Adele at the end of October. After months of research, this hotel seemed to have the best reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel is a family run business with very friendly staff who are willing at any time to help if needed. Some spoke better English than others, but they all spoke better English than we did Italian! They were very tolerant of all our questions and provided us with directions for buses, a laundromat, a bank, restaurant, etc. all of which were within a 5 minute walk or less from the hotel. Breakfast was included in the very reasonable price of the room and included warm croissants along with cereal, coffee, rolls, etc. each morning. The rooms were plenty large enough and extremely clean. The hotel is located in a quiet, residential area and we felt very safe walking in the daytime or going out for an evening stroll. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean, friendly, convenient, quiet and reasonable place to stay while visiting Venice.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights at the end of October 2008 - one double, one triple. We booked on the strength of previous TripAdvisor reviews, so here is what we thought...

The location of the hotel is great, less than 5 minutes walk from Mestre station and less than a minute's walk to the 6 & 6/ bus route into Venice. The rooms are an adequate size, and the hotel makes a big deal about it's "Hydro-massage Shower" but it didn't do anything for me - I prefered the normal shower mode!!. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the second bed in the triple room was a bit on the soft side but fine for our 3 year old. The rooms had TV - standard free satellite channels, which means just BBC World and Euronews for English speakers but you dont book a hotel near to Venice for the TV!

The hotel staff generally spoke good English, were very helpful and enthusiastic, and could recommend local restaurants and could sell various bus/wtaerbus tickets which is very useful. A useful tip is that the tickets are sold in 12 hour blocks, so for two days you can get away with a 36 hour ticket rather than a 48 hour ticket.

Breakfast was excellent, plenty of coffee, croissant and a selection of cerlals, cakes, rolls with cheese or ham, yogurt and fruit. The breakfast room was a little on the small side we we only noticed people waiting for a table once during our three night stay.

The hotel is really good value for a double, although I was not overly impressed with having to pay 35 Euros extra per night for a room with an extra bed for our three year old daughter but this is the only real negative point I have about the place and I knew what I was going to have to pay before I booked it. Saying that, it is still very good value for the area.

The place had a rwally nice atmosphere, it was great not to be in a soul-less chain hotel. We had a problem with a wet carpet in one of the rooms on the last night (leaking roof after heavy rain we think) and we had a replacement room without any fuss in minutes.

I would certainly stay here again if I returned to Venice and that says it all really.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family