“Nice Hotel”
Review of Hotel Nice

Hotel Nice
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Marghera
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice basic hotel but not central to visiting the center of Venice. Got lost getting to the hotel because the bus stop indicated stops a mile or two away from the hotel - it is better to transfer to Bus 6 which gets really close to the hotel. Plus: cute looking hotel, clean rooms, free internet service, nice cafe and a park next door. Minuses: not central to historic Venice- direct bus is available though very crowded when we were there, our room was at the bottom level and felt dark without natural light and a bit loud the night we were there. It served basic needs.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We booked Hotel Nice as a last minute thing as we arrived in Venice a day early due to a chance in travel plans. We had a look in this area and most of the really nice places (at a reasonable prince) were unavailable. We paid 70euro for a room and breakfast on the 9th Sept. We arrived at 4pm and walked straight into our room, which was clean and basic- had a television but they were all Italian, not surprising! We had just returned from a festival so went straight to sleep, the bed was two beds made into one, but it was still very comfortable and seemed very spacious.

The one negative thing I would mention was that the night staff, although helpful in suggesting a place to eat, we so loud until early hours of the morning. My boyfriend was able to get to sleep and I was awake until late listening to them talking very loudly just outside my door, which was very rude and I felt a little intimated as I didn't feel like I could approach them to be quiet- for this reason I would not stay there again, which is a shame as the actual hotel is fine for a few nights sleep.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the ground floor- night staff very loud and may keep you awake
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We were in this hotel for three nights, me and my husband. The staff is realy nice, helpfull, friendy, mainly Susane. She made one of the best capucino in Venice! The hotel has good location, next the bus station 6/ which takes you directly to Venice. The rooms have enough space, only we have no water pressure. Our room was on the third floor, maybe it was the reason and our safe was out of order. Bed was confortale and room was realy clean!!! Our stay was nice, thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

But it is not close to the centre of the city and it is not easy to find the hotel so, please get a very good description of the way. It tooks 15 minutes to reach the old Venice however at all times you can find a bus.

It was clean and there were a bazaar near the hotel that you can provie chep food.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

It was kind of nice, the only problem was the owner was very rude, we also booked through booking.com and were given a room on the basement floor with no window. The bathrooms also have no shower curtain as well..there were electrical problems in the room..with wires sticking out of the wall in the bathroom..when we requested switching rooms we were told someone else would just take our room..they didn't really speak english and in order to get a "big queen sized" bed was to get the "double" room, we were told however that a single room would yield a single large queen sized bed. Instead a single room gave us two separate twin beds( these were put together, but they easily slide apart at night). The hotel was not the easiest to find..hopefully you have google maps! Not to top the negative cake but the breakfast also is not worth the money..quite expensive, when there are cafes very close with similar cheaper breakfast..there are also discount markets in the city of venice as well as marghera with..If you are looking for the value for your money I would suggest this hotel as a last resort without much expectation..but it could have of course been worse

Room Tip: if you are a couple and want a single bed book a "double room" and call ahead to make sure...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed in Room 210 in May 2011

Pros
1. Nearly everything was in very good/excellent condition 9/10 the fridge I think was not working otherwise 10/10.
2. On arrival my room was very clean but the fridge was not too clean and also one of the days I am sure my towes were not changed as I could see the crease marks I made the day before so 8/10
3. There is a safe in your room so no need to carry passport etc..
4. Close to bus stop, buses during the day are frequent every 10 mins - number 6 or 6/ takes you into Venice.
5. There is a supermarket near by and lots of cafes
6. Room, Bathroom inc shower and Bed was spacious.
7. Good value I paid 45 Euro per night much cheaper than Paris

Cons
1. Big negative - Noisy - walls are thin and there were days where it sounded like there was a plumber upstairs.banging pipes etc...
2. Travel instructions/directions were very poor examples include;
2a There is a number 6 and number 6/ and some of them don't stop at the end of the street so you need to get off a stop before - I was not told this and could have got off at the wrong stop.
2b Thursdays and Saturdays there is a huge market, this stops the buses coming in so you need to walk to the next bus stop - again I was not told this; lucky I was not in a rush to get to the airport.
2c The No 15 bus takes you to the airport but on Sundays it's every hour, again I wsa not told this, quite important as I need to catch my flight on time.
3. No fee map - when I stayed in Rome and Paris the hotel provided free maps.
4. Level of English of staff not too good, would have expected better from a hotel.
5. You could lock yourself out, if you left your keys in your room and came out and the door shut.
6 No Kettle or Micorwave

Not sure if I should put this as a pro or a con, next door is a bar which can get quite noisy. Don't buy the map at the ticket office as it does not give you all the streets whichm means you can get lost in Venice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank InfoseekUK
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We stayed at the hotel for one night at late September. we arrived pretty late (around 11pm), without making reservations, after not finding any hotel on the island itself. We got the last available room, which was on the basement floor.

The room itself was pretty clean, but without any sunlight. It had windows, but they were directed to a tunnel below the street level. Not what you're expecting when paying 75 euros per night.

We were so tired we didn't care. The bed and shower were OK, so all-in-all we didn't suffer too much.

The Italian breakfast, on the other hand, was really nice. Orange juice, croissants from a bag, great coffee, jams, honey, butter and toasts. We even had a parrot sitting beside us :)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple