“lovely and peaceful contrast to Sorrento”

Marina della Lobra - Spiaggia e Borgo Marinaro
Preston, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“lovely and peaceful contrast to Sorrento”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Quiet location and sunbeds ranged from 7 to 4 Euro . At far end of Marina kayaks to hire as well.
Such a pleasant contrast to the busy tourist spotssuch as Pompeii, Herculaneum, Positano and Amalfi.
Wish we had discovered it sooner.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Cupofteamarie

Tyne and Wear
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Angelo's Restaurante Fantastico!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I were staying at a miserable hotel on the top of the bank and we would walk down past the lemon and olive groves and grapevineyards to the beach and marina. Lovely walk up and down, not suitable for disabled take a taxi or go by car. We came accross a great little restaurant Angelo's. Warmly welcomed and quickly served cool drinks very reasonably priced. We highly recommend this venue, quaint and just opposite the sea only thirty metres infront. Great menu, we went twice, pizzas, seafood spaghetti were divine, delicious,fresh, colourful, healthy food. Salads delicious. See my seafood spaghetti yumscious! What was evident was that the restaurant us run by a family and just like my family warm and friendly. We very much enjoyed our meals and drinks. Beer came in frosted glasses my sons and hubby liked that especially because it was hot! Very refreshing. My son who is a top class waiter in this country gave Mrs Angelo a formed swan made with the napkins we were given in gratitude for the fabulous service. She blessed and thanked my son. She was overwhelmed. I was appreciated for that blessing. This is the nicest family I have had the pleasure of meeting in Italy. Please get yourselves down here for an evening or lunch, so very worthwhile. Beautiful food, very clean, lovely family, warm welcome, aa delight and a hidden gem. If I returned, I would be there everyday for my lunch. Food and drink is great, I cant rate this venue high enough, better than the food in our hotel by a long way! Bless this family, best regards always, for making a huge difference to our holiday. Please if you visit, tell them of my good review and mention the swan! :) Enjoy, because we certainly did, great place to eat and drink. Apparantly its only a few pounds for parking. Well worth it. Get yourselves there! I will put a few pics on.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank lisalisalilla
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful authentic little harbour”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Lovely walk down to Marina through the olive groves. Welcome at Angelo's bar. Good walk all along front.

3 Thank Elizabeth A
Herts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Angelo"s Bar”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having read various but dated posts on the forum site, we were determined to visit Angelo"s after our day trip to Capri. Various contributors have enquired about Angelo"s health - he is alive and well, still front of house in the mornings and playing cards with his mates in the afternoons. His delightful daughters run the place. The last bus goes just before 7pm, so you need your own transport or a taxi. It is an unpretentious bar/cafe that serves basic but good food and drink at more than reasonable prices. But Angelo and his family make you feel special. A great place to chill and sit out overlooking an uncommercialised hamlet and marina, watching the sunset over Ischia and Procida. To cap it all, Angelo got out his pride and joy (a new 3 wheeler) and insisted on driving us back to our hotel !

2 Thank Gnomerod
Richmond, Virginia
467 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 845 helpful votes
“A working harbor with some advantages”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We are again surprised at many of the enthusiastic reviews. This is a working harbor catering mostly to tourist and fishing boats. It is a very inconvenient somewhat dangerous steep walk to and from the town of Massa Lubrense. Parking is very limited and thus quite expensive. We would not go there for the view or the atmosphere. The boat rides to Capri and the Amalfi Coast are cheaper and shorter than from Sorrento. That is della Lobra's chief advantage. The harbor at the other end of your voyage will almost certainly be nicer.

1 Thank DonPaulo