“Compassion”
Review of Hotel Central Park

Hotel Central Park
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Massa Lubrense
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Having arrived at the hotel with my tour group, the family run business had that homely feel.
The staff were very friendly and went beyond the normal service one would expect from a hotel.
I for some reason mixed up times and missed the early start for a day trip to Capri. I arrived at reception to be told my tour group had just left for the excursion. I raced outside, but no sight of anyone. On returning to reception, the manager attempted to call my tour leader. This being unsuccessful I had two options. One to try and get a cab or spend the day in Sorrento and miss Capri. The owner of the hotel arrived and offered to take me jetty where the day trips to Capri departed from. I was overwhelmed by the offer. This man, did not know me, but was willing to do this for me. Well it ended happily. Even though the traffic was very slow, I managed to make the ferry. Thank you very much

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Central Park

Reviewed 23 October 2012

After reading the comments on this hotel I had some doubts about staying in it whilst on the Cosmos Tour but in reality it is quite a nice hotel.

Yes it is a bit old and the rooms are fairly basic but you have to remember that this is a family run hotel in a small village and for what it is it is a very nice hotel. The family who run it are extremely friendly and will do almost anything to please.

The floors are all tiled, the beds are comfy and the bathroom is adequate and they provide the normal things such as soap, shampoo etc. it is very clean and the food was more than adequate for most people.

Would I stay here again the answer is yes. If you want 5 Star luxury then go elsewhere but for a good hotel this is the one.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony and a double bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arthur V
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I was sick when I arrived in the hotel. A day after I saw a doctor and had my blood test done, I needed to revisit a doctor to check my results. The hotel staff kindly took me to visit the doctor and helped translating Italian to English. It was very helpful! Thank you very much!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JGNZ_12
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I & my husband stayed here with cosmos tour. Barely basic 3 star. Tiny lift. When we got off coach hotel staff comandeered tiny lift (only one of) to bring up luggage. Had to climb up 3 floors v tired at end of long days travel. Could not use lift. No sound proofing between rooms on whole floor. Could hear others toilet habits all night. Breakfast choices meagre. Heating will not stay on more than a few mins. Clean however.

Room Tip: no room service. location far out of Sorrento. costs 50euro for taxi to Sorrento.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christine V
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This would have to be the worst hotel Cosmos had us stay in in Europe.
If you require something don't bother to ask - reception staff refuse half way through the request - they could not even be bothered to listen.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere in regard to beautiful Sorrento and there's no public transport.
The beds at this hotel were like concrete and the food was pretty bad.
If you have a choice - STAY ELSEWHERE...

Room Tip: I doubt that you would find a good room - no in the group that I spoke with was happy with this hote...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank JTWMBA
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Frankly, this is one of the worst hotels I have been to. Does not look like a hotel, either, I think it was refurbished in the 1970 and since then the time stood still. It is in the middle of nowhere, lway to far from beautiful Sorrento-if you catch a bus to Sorrento, it is highly unlikely you'll be able to get back because of the bus workers being on strike most of the time. The food-don't get me going. Breakfast is quite terrible, but don't even mention the meal we got in the evening as a part of Cosmos group-so called meat balls did not have an ounce of meat in them. Below every level.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank ZagrebLouLou
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The most unpleasant hotel I've stayed in! Bad service and food! Cosmos should reconsider other hotel to house their guests.

• Stayed: October 2011