“WOW. Most Beautiful View.”

Relais Blu Belvedere
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Massa Lubrense
Manchester, United Kingdom
“WOW. Most Beautiful View.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We visited Relais Blu on our honeymoon having been recommended for it's amazing sunset views. It was breathtaking!!! We went early evening at about 7:30pm to watch to sunset and enjoy the views with a cocktail. The cocktail menu was worth visiting for alone!!! The setting is the nicest I have ever seen, we a beautiful terrace overlooking Capri. We had made reservations before we went, and had the best table for dinner. I have food allergies which we advised them of before we went, we were served appitizers with our cocktails, which they needed no reminding about my allergies for... amazing. We decided to have a tasting menu of 5 courses with wine. Each course was beautiful.... They did well on the gluten free/dairy free front (Although let down by a not so inventive fruit dessert and 2 pasta courses!) My husband's full taste none allergy meal was gorgeous though. We had the wine's with each course, which suited them very well and allowed us to try wines from around the region we knew nothing about. I would definitely visit here if you are in Sorrento - It is a little out of town so you would need a taxi / car. Even if it is just for a sunset cocktail, it is not to be missed!!!

1 Thank jody s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2013

"Nestled in-between the Amalfi coast and the Sorrento Peninsula, couples flock to the stunning four-star boutique hotel to watch what may very well be the most beautiful sunset view in the world. What they find while there is something different. The only way we can describe it is luxury, Italian-Style. Owner, Antonino di Acampora, takes pride in his globally-celebrated establishment and has been known to personally deliver meals to guests, old and new. If you’re looking to pop the question, this is the place to do it. Planning a destination wedding? This is where to stay."

This was in my review for I Am Staggered, and for good reason. The hotel is stunning, the view rivals heaven and the food is some of the best I have ever had in my life. Antonino is a gorgeous host--kind, considerate, vibrant, respectful and generous with his attention (and desserts). I not only plan to go back, I plan to make it an annual trip.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Relais Blu is by far the most memorable meal of my life!!! First, the view of the Amalfi Coast and Capri is indescribable...literally has to be seen from the Relais Blu balcony to be believed. Second, the hotel deck overlooking the coast feels like you're sitting in the hottest Miami pool deck...best cocktails and appetizers ever! Dinner is deserving of 5 Michelin stars...everything was perfection! And the service was world class. I actually got emotional just sitting at the table looking at the most incredible sunset in the world!!! It is a must visit if you're travelling to Sorrento/Amalfi! Cannot wait to go back!!!

1 Thank nessieviaggia
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Arriving at Relais Blu in time for a stunning sunset with prosecco in hand this was really a breathtaking view with the Isle of Capri as a backdrop.

Beautiful modern hotel with light white interior . Very spacious room with a balcony and perfect view of Capri. Infinity pool with same amazing view.

We spent 5 nights here relaxing and sightseeing and it was a great location for exploring the wonderful towns of Sorrento Amalfi Positano Ravello and Capri.

Very helpful and attentive staff. The hotel had a wonderfully calm ambience , great breakfast with prosecco every morning and dinner was excellent on the one evening ate in the restaurant.

Look forward to returning here again.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony and view.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed recently at Relais Blu and enjoyed our time.

We had a great room - heck, possibly the best room. Sea view on two angles with a huge window and a nice little balcony. The view, I really can't say enough about it. On a blue sky day I didn't want to leave as I wanted to just drink wine on the balcony and watch the boats come and go.

The room itself was large but a tad spartan. Not that I am here to watch tv but a tiny one was provided. The computer with monitor was an interesting touch and part of it became somewhat essential later on. Jacuzzi tub was nice touch although I never use them - for some though they are huge bonuses so I mention it here. The bed was huge though which was nice - its wider than a king!

Food - we went half board so breakfast and dinner provided. Breakfasts were nice although I never had room to even attempt any of the egg offerings (boiled, poached, omelette etc). Dinners were generally of very high quality. I would advise though that if on half board to also look at the ala carte menu as you may find something more to your liking - we didn't find out about this option until our last night having seen someone with lamb that wasn't on our menu the night before. Wine list is very nice - you can go from reasonable right on up to crazy if you are so inclined. Having recently been in Basilicata we ordered a fair amount of those given they are great bang for the buck, ymmv.

There were a couple foibles for us. My wife wanted to hit the rating for half a star because the hair dryer in the room can't be kept on without holding a switch on the dryer in place (I admit, I tried holding it a while for her and gave up as well but the hotel did bring another dryer). The biggest annoyance for me was wifi which couldn't get far enough. We were in 106 and the wifi dies in the middle of the room - so you can't sit on your bed and surf and you definitely can't sit out on your balcony and fire off pictures and notes to your friends on your lovely time because you have no bars. Thats were the computer in the room was marginally helpful - I had a lan cable that at least got me to the bed but short of travelling with a 20+ foot long one, there would be no way to be online on your balcony.

The other thing we embarrassingly missed - there is a beach club...apparently! We saw at the hotel a 'pool' area that had a hot tub. Ok, so we guessed no pool. We asked about facilities and were told everything was in a book in the room. Well, no gym facilities kinda hurts but for all we know, there might have been some as the book in the room......didn't even mention anything about a beach club! I only found out about the beach club when trying to find the full name of the hotel via their website in order to find the right Relais Blu on Tripadvisor.

So, yes, we should/could have been on the hotel website to learn about this beach club that we certainly would have went to at least once but we never found out about it otherwise via anything in our room. Odd. imho, someone should be walking you through facilities and no one did.

All said though, we really enjoyed our time. As mentioned, the view is just fantastic and couple that with good food and you are a long way toward a great trip. A couple minor foibles aside, the biggie for me - get wifi to reach everywhere in your hotel; at one point I was seeing wifi from a neighbouring hotel and wishing I could connect.

Room Tip: 106; end corner unit overlooking everything. No brainer.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 17 June 2013

These people are truly understanding the word ''Hospitality" coming from California and being in the hospitality business makes you appreciate their doing.
From the beginning to the end, my nephew wedding reminded me of something out of hollywood.
The food presentation, the service, the owner is hands on to make sure it is done right.
Obviosly a labor of Passion.
Actually i want to use this forum to thank all of the staff for a job well done.
Nicola Rivieccio

p.s looking forwardto come back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 9Nicola
London
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here for a friend's wedding in May and cannot compliment the place enough.
We had pretty much the run of the hotel, which I'm sure helped, but the service we got was excellent. Always on hand without being asked and happy to go beyond the call of duty (providing a free shuttle to town, keeping the bar open after hours etc)
I saw many of the rooms and would have happily stayed in any of them . A few stand out - 101 has a hot tub inside with a picture postcard view of Capri framed by the window; the corner bedroom on 1st floor has amazing panoramic views; all of the second floor bedrooms have access to private gardens.
There are lots of additional spaces to seek peace and quite - an infinity pool (apparently quite new on our arrival) a whirpool bath, plenty of terraces on different levels and of course your own balcony or garden.
The food was exellent on every occassion (we had wedding meal, an evening meal and breakfast here). Breakfast in particular had a great choice and plenty of food - I've found often if you arrive at the breakfast late there's not much left but this was not an issue here.
I spent most of my holiday mourning the fact I'm unlikely to stay somewhere so nice ever again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 5 in Conca dei Marini
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
#1 of 12 in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi

Been to Relais Blu Belvedere? Share your experiences!