Just returned from a ten day stay at Punta Campenella Resort Hotel, on arrival was a bit surprised at the distance from Sorrento but after a day spent in Sorrento this tuned out to be the biggest advantage. We had a lovely 10 days in this hotel, the staff were really friendly especially the young girl on reception I think she is a sister of the owner, she had a pleasant greeting and was very helpful at all times, the night Manager was also extremely pleasant and helpful with a great sense of humour. Our room was to the back it was a little bit dark but was a nice room, we did enquire about changing for a sea view but it would have been€35 a night extra, we used the beautiful roof terrace instead in the evening. We had breakfast in hotel which was fine cereals, fruit, eggs, bacon, breads and cakes. We only had dinner on the last night, the restaurant manager went to a lot of trouble and even cooked jacket potatoes for us,the meal was lovely, the hotel however didn't always have the menu in English. The beach across the road is just perfect and we were able to hire two sun beds and shade for €10 a day because we were residents of hotel. We took the boat to Capri from the jetty and had a wonderful day with a super guide who made sure we got to see all the sites. The local bus stops in front of hotel and we used it to travel into Sorrento, the only problem is the last bus back from Sorrento leaves at 6pm so if you want to spend an evening there it would cost €80 back in a taxi, the bus is €2.20. The bus stops at train station in Sorrento and we took the train from here to Pompeii, a wonderful place to visit. The local restaurants had a good choice some a little expensive I would check the menu prices before taking a seat. The bar on the beach serves snacks and delicious ice cream and is run by lovely girl called Monica we spent many a good night here. I would recommend this hotel and area for a lovely relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort & SPA on the Amalfi Coast Punta Campanella Resort & SPA is located within the beautiful beach resort of Marina del Cantone, which is situated along the Amalfi Coast between the golf of Sorrento and Positano. The name of our hotel is gained from the special Marine Nature Reserve of "Punta Campanella", which is a Conservation area protected by the FAI (Italian Environment Fund). Our hotel has recently been restored and redeveloped by architects from Campania Region and incorporates Italian Mediterranean style and ultimate comfort. Most of our rooms and our la carte restaurant Li Galli Restaurant overlook the Nerano Bay, which serves fresh, local Mediterranean food inspired by our chef. Our Spa and indoor pool will rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. The Blue Flag beach is just 40 metres from our hotel where you can relax, sunbathe and swim safely. Here you will find a selection of bars, cafes and restaurants. From the pier, you can take a boat and visit Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Li Galli Islands. Within a short distance of our hotel, there are over one hundred restaurants to be sampled - some have Michelin Stars. A rooftop garden is available with deck chairs and umbrella and a shower to cool off. Activities: Trakking exursion, Diving, Water Sport, boat rental, tipical food tour, to fish and eat in the sea. Nearby to visit : Massa Lubrense, Positano, Capri, Sorrento, Pompei ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Punta Campanella Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Campanella Hotel Massa Lubrense
- Punta Campanella Resort And Spa