“Fabulous 50th Birthday Dinner”

Il Ristorante di Paolo
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Menaggio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a lunch and then the birthday dinner here. For the lunch my husband and son had the veal ravioli and said it was the best ravioli they ever had. So then we booked the 50th birthday dinner. The staff were wonderful. They suggested a birthday cake and candle. I chose a Tiramisu - my husbands favourite desert. We sat in the wine room which has such a great ambience. The meal was fabulous. I had the risotto with goats cheese and black truffle. The most amazing dish I have ever eaten.
Great food, great service - a must do

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate here twice during our three days in Menaggio. We had a group of seven and had quite a few of the menu entrees between us. We enjoyed all of them. Ask for Niko he does a great job serving. Best meal and service we had in Menaggio.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The view from this restaurant is just lovely. However the food is very average. My tuna was over salted to the point I could not taste the fish. The pasta pomodoro was very good. I was less than impressed to see a hole in the tablecloth. Not something you would expect form a restaurant trying to sell itself as an upmarket eatery.

Don't go out your way

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Location and view outstanding but thought food was very average for the cost. Felt I paid more for the view than the food. Stayed in Menaggio another 3 days and was never tempted to return despite the amazing views. Better food to be had, although not better scenery

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a lovely dinner in this great ristorante overlooking the beautiful Lago Como!
The food was delicious - both of us had local fish dishes - and the waiter's wine recommendation was spot on!
Great and efficient service with the waiters all speaking good English made it so easy for us to enjoy everything!
Popular with both locals and tourists, this is an excellent place to dine!
Can't recommend it highly enough!