“Wonderful!!!”

trattoria la vecchia magnolia
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Menaggio
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chiuso per ferie dal 16.10.2016 al 04.11.2016 Cucina aperta dalle 12 alle 14,dalle 18:45 alle 21:30 Restaurant bar with 60 seat inside and 40 in the garden
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience!! Very welcoming staff. An oasis as we climbed from Menaggio to Villa Vigoni. Time was tight for us to meet the Villa tour otherwise we would have lived to linger. Thanks for such a special memory and meal!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant 15 minutes walk from the centre of Menaggio. Great food and friendly staff who helped us improve out Italian (and there's a LOT of scope for improvement!)
Very recommended.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We made the trek up to this restaurant twice during our three night stay in Menaggio. Both times the service was impeccable and the food delicious. I have coeliac disease which means that medically I must have a gluten free diet. This was no problem for the wait or kitchen staff. They went above and beyond to ensure my dietary needs were catered for. I ate the best gluten free pasta I have ever had! My partner also loved his meals. The view is gorgeous. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed 4 nights in Menaggio in high tourist season and were very disappointed with our "in town" meals. A couple we met recommended magnolia and we were so glad we made the effort to go there! We had a car (I don't know how one would get there otherwise) and navigated the steep winding roads but found it easily with GPS. There is a large parking lot. The restaurant itself is "casual dining"; we sat outside on the terrace next to the bocce courts. We got there after dark so could not see the view but our friends had said nice views of the lake. The food was fresh, authentic and delicious. I had grilled fish from Lake Como and my husband had fresh pasta that melted in your mouth. The waiter was extremely pleasant,( despite us getting there just before closing!) and everyone spoke English very well. We would definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful pizza with great service, lovely outdoor garden up in the hills. A restaurant we just stumbled upon but a true find. It is nicer than some of the tourist traps in the centre of menaggio

1  Thank LH888