Yes the couple who run this place are Mr & Mrs Grumpy, but we enjoyed our 2 weeks here as Menaggio is the most convenient town on the lake for access to ferries, & busses. The town has a good selection of shops, cafes & bars around the piazzas & a helpful tourist office. Our room on the 4th floor was small, (though with plentiful storage space) but rooms on the other floors are bigger. Some evenings the staff were under considerable pressure as the hotel was fully booked & extra diners also used the restaurant. The owners did not recognise guests who hwd returned several times. We may well return as the atmosphere amongst the guests was very friendly & the location was to die for.
clean, quiet, & food OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Menaggio, directly on the lakeside, Hotel Bellavista enjoys a magnificent panorama across the heart of Lake Como. The view of Bellagio is amazing, unique, because we have the best position in the center of the lake.The spacious veranda of the "Ristorante del Porto", the solarium with swimming pool and the terrace enable guests to relax to the full in a wonderful setting. Just 150 m from the ferry boat and water bus landing stage and 50 m from the bus stop. The hotel offers comfortable rooms all with satellite TV and safe. Tea room, bar, free WIFI in the whole hotel, lift, garage, car park, private mooring for motorboats. 18-Hole golf course 2 km. Away (Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club) with special arrangements for Hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Bellavista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellavista Hotel Menaggio
- Hotel Bellavista Menaggio, Lake Como