This hotel is a typical Italian 3* of which we have stayed in many. The rooms are dated and the pillows are hard but our bed was Ok, but then we prefer a firm mattress. The rooms are cleaned and serviced daily and my hint would be that if you need an additional pillow ask the maid, couldn't be more helpful. The restaurant was fine, again dated, again the breakfast typical Italian continental style, but the 3 course evening meal (and we stayed half board) was satisfactory, well cooked, and a relatively varied menu. Only fault was portion sizes of the main course and lack of vegetables. But all the waiting staff were helpful and attentive. Clearly they are trying to develop the restaurant side of the hotel which is unsurprising given the fantastic views, best we have ever had from a hotel room. The only poor service is from the husband and wife owners who clearly have owned the hotel for a long time. They are complacent with many aspects of this hotel. Rooms are tired and they certainly have a brusque manner, BUT if you watched carefully they were very much on the ball with the restaurant and made sure the service staff got things right. It seemed to me that they treated the hotel as their home rather than as a business and that was where they went wrong. If you want an average Italian hotel with wonderful views, that's close to the resort centre then the Bellavista is for you. And if you arrive between 9am and 8pm the reception staff are very helpful indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Menaggio, directly on the lakeside, Hotel Bellavista enjoys a magnificent panorama across the heart of Lake Como. The view of Bellagio is amazing, unique, because we have the best position in the center of the lake.The spacious veranda of the "Ristorante del Porto", the solarium with swimming pool and the terrace enable guests to relax to the full in a wonderful setting. Just 150 m from the ferry boat and water bus landing stage and 50 m from the bus stop. The hotel offers comfortable rooms all with satellite TV and safe. Tea room, bar, free WIFI in the whole hotel, lift, garage, car park, private mooring for motorboats. 18-Hole golf course 2 km. Away (Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club) with special arrangements for Hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Bellavista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellavista Hotel Menaggio
- Hotel Bellavista Menaggio, Lake Como