“One of the best dining experiences of my life!”

Trattoria Dall'Amelia
Ranked #69 of 345 Restaurants in Mestre
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“One of the best dining experiences of my life!”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

First off let me clarify this: I am not a food or dining coinnosseur. On my trip I normally dine cheap, but since I was in Italy, and staying close by this restaurant, I decided I had to try this place out.

It was by far one of the best dinners out I have ever eaten! Service was impeccable throughout and we received some really nice free starters after ordering. I ate with my sister. My 2.50 euro glass of wine was a great value and she was allowed to have free tap water. The 15 euro mussels/clams in a delectable broth tasted perfect, and the 23 euro spaghetti with seafood was enough for 2 of us, and the pasta was done just right (although my sister thought it was a bit too hard).

Perfect night!

• Visited September 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We had a wonderful experience in this fish restaurant.
The food was great, the staff very friendly and helpful. The dishes were of large size so it was suggested to actually order less than we initially wanted because it was going to be too much for our party of 4. And... they were right! So they 'sold' us less, but we didn't waste anything either.
I found that really a very recommendable approach.

• Visited August 2012
vicenza
“. Terrible and expensive”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Don't try raw fish, it is not fresh but conserved in salt. Terrible and expensive

1 Thank alliVicenza
Brighton, United Kingdom
“High quality fish restaurant in Mestre”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Excellent food very friendly staff, however, this may not be for you if you're travelling on a budget like us

Visited June 2012
Venice, Italy
“Most Remarkable Restaurant in Venice”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Despite being located outside central Venice, I highly reccomend getting into a taxy and go to this restaurant just 20 minutes by car or 40 minutes by bus from Piazzale Roma (Venice bus terminal).
Notably restaurants in Venice do not offer the value for money you would get in other cities like Rome or Florence.
But trattoria Amelia it' s a different story:
It is a bit pricey but here you can sample real Venitian cuisine with 'nouvelle cuisine' influences.
The restaurant is fish based, with an excellent choice for wines.
I had a lovely squid salad appetizer, followed by some marvellous clams spaghetti, a soft and not too greasy 'frittura' (fish fry up) served with grilled vegetables, and a great slice of home made pistacchio cake.
I had a Lugana white wine and sample some grappas.
I highly reccomend this place, although be warned it is not cheap but well worth it if you wish to try real Venetian food - the quality is way better than what you would find in central Venice.

• Visited May 2012