“Great B&B”

Ranked #6 of 75 Mestre B&B and Inns
Side, Turkey
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed at Romantica for 2 nights. Giorgio was an excellent host. The B&B is very close to the Mestre train station which made it very convenient to travel into Venice which was a stop away by train. Giorgio briefed us on the city and gave us great trips on getting to Venice and nearby towns like Burano & Murano. He also gave us several guides and information print outs that made the exploring easier. The B&B was nice and clean my husband and I felt at home. We loved it! Giogio had a well stocked kitchen and we enjoyed the breakfast we had in the mornings. We lived in the bigger room which was great. Overall excellent. Thanks Giorgio we had a lovely stay.

Reshma

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Reshma L
, Proprietario at B&B Romantica Venezia, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank You a lot for Yr very kind words. Every day I try to do my job in the best way, the satisfacion of my guests is my satisfaction. Not only: their satisfaction is our best advertising. I warmly hope to have You again as welcome guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Delhi
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Giorgio was there to pick us up at the Mestre train station, even though just a five minutes walk, yet in a very quiet location.
Staying here gives you a larger picture of the two worlds of Venice.
The room was homely and huge very comfortable, the bathroom was also big.
The breakfast self help was well equipped and tea, coffee at disposal round the clock.

He even did our laundry - which was great after so much of traveling.

Apart from so many recommendations for places to eat, there was a Bangladeshi restaurant round the corner!

He allowed us to leave our bags to collect them later in the evening for our train out to Paris, which was a great help too.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank roymaya
, Proprietario at B&B Romantica Venezia, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Hello, how are You? Thank You for the nice words and for have appreciated my services.
Your review is particularly precious because You do the same job in Delhi, so You are well able to value the differences.
It sounds that we passed the test in the best way... :D
See You in Delhi (at least I hope so), take care,
owen sound
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Giorgio was a perfect host. He has a wealth of information about everything to do in Venice. He also made very good recommendation about resturants. The b&b is only about 5 minutes from bus and train station which is very convenient to travel into Venice. Our room was small but it served its purpose. There is only one bathroom however that was not a problem for us as we were up early. The kitchen has everything that you could possibly need.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shelley d
Hi Shelley, thank You for Your consideration. Your room was the smallest one but it was also the only room having the balcony.
I hope to have again Your sympathy in my house!
limassol
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Giorgio was very friendly. The room was a bit small and the street was noisy in the night. Its just a 5 min. walking from the train station and the ticket to Venice cost just 1.20 euro.
Must eat at the real Chinese restaurant near the b&b!! Delicious and cheep food.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicky_Boyko
Normally our area is very quiet in the night, as no pub or traffic. Your room was the smallest but it's the only room having the balcony.
Thank You to have appreciated the quality of my services.
CA
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We, family of 5, stayed with Giorgio for two nights in September. Giorgio was as helpful as everybody else acknowledged. His tips and insight saved us a lot of time and hassle around Venice. The apartment is very homey and in a perfect location near the Mestre train\bus station. The kitchen is well equipped and a supermarket nearby. The only downside is that the one bathroom is shared by all three rooms.
אחלה מקום באחלה מיקום. אירוח מצוין אבל ראו הערה לגבי השירותים.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rriasz
It's sure that the shared bathroom is a limit, but we have other excellences, like the kitchen facilities (that allows the guests to save a lot of money, considered the cost of the restaurants in Venice), my guides and my assistance 24h. Moreover the cleannes is absolute.
Thank You to have preferred us and for Your good evaluation.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This B&B located on the quiet street, it just few minutes walk from bus station and train station to Venice and but trip take only 15 min - very convenience. We have our doubts about how B&B can be quiet considering closeness of buses and trains, but our doubts were proved wrong.
Few restaurants and supermarket are very close to the B&B.
Rooms are very clean, cozy and bigger than we expected. The design is simple, but romantic, as B&B name states, and create atmosphere of old Venice style.
Instead of conventional breakfast food available at any time - juice, milk, butter, bread, cruassons, jam, granola, cornflaks, assortment of different kind of tee, cofee - very convenient.
Kitchen, bathroom and toilet are shared, but very clean.
Host is very helpful and friendly. We had feeling that we are visiting someone we already knew for ages. It's easily the best place where we stayed during out jorneys. And to top it all there is Aikido dojo next to B&B (http://www.aikikaimestre.it/)

Reznic family.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Valery R
, Proprietario at B&B Romantica Venezia, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
It was a real very big pleasure to have Your family as guest, this is the kind of persons I love, and let me say that I was really sad at Your departure, You are all splendid persons. I had Your same feeling and I was so happy to share with You moments, things, spaces.
Thank You again to have honored my home with Your presence.
I wish You the best.
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was one of the best B&B's I stayed at during our trip to Italy. Giorgio was a fabulous host, and despite not living at the B&B, was able to provide all kinds of services. Rather than just letting us check in and loose into the city, he sat us down with a map and recommended the things to do in Venice, where to eat, etc. When one of his recommendations didn't pan out as well as he thought, he took personal responsibility and gave us a refund on behalf of the restaurant for the services they should've provided. I was extremely impressed by his passion for the city.

The B&B is located about 5 minutes from the train stop, which makes commuting into Venice extremely easy. The bus stops are even closer, and the buses back from Venice drops you off practically at the door. The shuttle services to and from the airports are also just five minutes away so it is super easy to get to and leave from the B&B, regardless of whether you came from the airport or another city via trains/buses.

Room Tip: Two of the three rooms have AC, though Venice isn't nearly as hot as Florence or Rome so we mana...