“Too Compact”

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Too Compact”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I agree that this is supposed to be a budget hotel. But being a budget hotel doesn't mean that you make it so compact that it becomes difficult for 2 normal adults to stay in it! The size of the room, bed, etc. is compact and inconvenient. The bathroom was so compact that I felt stuck in it - really uncomfortable!

Recommend this Hotel only for these reasons:
1) Conveniently located and is less than 10 minutes walk from the Mestre Station.
2) Serves good breakfast and has cordial staff.

Room Tip: Short walk from the Venice Mestre Station
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
morrison, co
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This hotel is a convenient walk to the train station in the Mestre. You can also take the #2 bus, from approximately 200 feet from the door of the hotel, directly into Venice.The bus ride is approximately 15 munites and costs 1.2E if you buy the ticket from the bus office (2.5Eif you buy the ticket onboard the bus from the driver). There is an excellent Chinese restaurant approxiomately 1 block from the hotel. There are two nice grocery stores withn 2 blocks of the hotel. The room was modern and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with meat, cheese, pastries, cereals, yogurt, orange juice, grapefruit juice, milk, biscuits and a cappucino/coffee/hot chocolate self service machine. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Ther was penty of hot water and a WIFI connection was available in our room (quad room #107 on the main floor).

Room Tip: The hotel staff was very willing to help.
Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 29 March 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. Good hotel, decent location near the bus stop that get you to Piazzale Roma. Also is 15 minutes walking to the train station. The room was nice, well decorated and clean, only the bathroom was smaller than expected. The breakfast was simple but good. There are some good restaurants and shops near the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon for three nights. Breakfast was simple but yummy, room a little smaller than expected but still lovely, well decorated and clean. We would definately come back again. Thanks for a lovely start to our honeymoon!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2011

ok so me and my gf got a cheap deal to go to mestre for three nights so we could pop into and explore venice. We arrived at the hotel to find we got to our room and we had been given a twin and we ordered a double, so we went to see the staff and they said they were sorry and they would have to move us the next day as they had no more rooms that night, this was fair enough as it was the travel agents fault. The twin was room 104 a very small room we were then moved to room 106 next door another very small room but it had a double bed so it was better. So good points of the hotel, it was very very clean, sleek and stylish, en suites were very good and nice powerful showers fridge in room thats about it.
Bad points were especially in rooms 104 and 106 you can hear everything you have a room either sie of you and a reception breakfast room underneath you and a room above you the walls are paper thin, the cleaners would bang around all the time, my gf was constantly iching from the bed sheets, there was a really loud annoying extractor fan in the en suites which stayed on for like 10 minutes after you turn the light out. the double bed had little bits sticking out the sides under the sheet so when you bashed your knee on it it was very painful, if the room was bigger this wouldnt have happend. The cleaner knocked on us around 11 we said later we got back to our hotel room around 10pm the room had not been touched, we did not get offered a password for the wifi at all but didnt mind as it did not work in the rooms anyway.
basically rooms 103-106 are very small rooms and rooms 101,102,107,108 are large rooms and same on the 2nd floor, why we got small rooms i dont know but hey, i suppose you cant expect much for 32 euros a night. I dont usually complain much in all honesty it isnt that bad but if i was to go again i would grin and bear it and just pay the money and stay in a nice hotel in venice.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I had to stay here overnight because I had a flight leaving from Marco Polo airport at 6:40 a.m. I was very dismayed when I tried to take a shower at 5:00 a.m. right before my flight--not only was there no hot water, there was no water coming from the shower, period!

I called the manager (Leandro) the following and he blamed it on the water company. He did not resolve the issue to my satisfaction (I wanted 50% back) and when I told him I was going to write an unfavorable review, he said "THIS IN ITALY IS A BLACKMAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (that is copy, cut, and pasted from the email he sent me). What a jerk! I wish he realized that he was in the hospitality industry, and that I will never go back. As I live in the area (I'm an expat) I will tell all my friends never to go there (and to avoid going to their affiliated hotels as well).

I can suggest other hotels that are close by as alternatives, including Hotel Paris (very friendly), Hotel Cortina (even closer to the train station), and if you want to splurge, then there is always the Best Western Bologna.

To their credit though, the room was fairly cheap (I got what I paid for), and they did allow me to use the internet free of charge. I give them 1 out of 5 due to the fact that I was not able to take a shower before my flight to San Francisco, and also because the manager (Leandro) was extremely rude and unpleasant.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
tripaaron, Direttore at Hotel Aaron, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Dear Mr. Teddy Su,
I remember your stay. In the morning of 24 december we had a problem on our water system. By the moment a guest informed us about this problem we fit it within 1 hour. On the following day you have phoned to the hotel, I said to you that I was really sorry for the incovinient, that we did our best to fix it in a short time (1 hour) and that I would have agree to give you a 25% of refound. We both spoke in a friendly way.

After that I' ve recived an email from you saying that you wanted a bigger refound and that If we would have refound you that amount you will be satisfied, otherwise you will have dispute the charge with your credit card company and you will have write unfavorable reviews of your hotel online on the various websites...

I can' t accept this kind of constraint even if this mean that we have a guest unsatisfied.
We are a small family run hotel and we always do our best to help our guests in their needs and to fix as soon as we can the problems that can happen. And we now how important it is in the torustic industry.

Best regards

Leandro Rossetto
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed here at Hotel Aaron over Christmas, and love everything about it, especially its location! While we did arrive with some sort of (high) expectations based on the past reviews that we read, Hotel Aaron really did exceed our expectations. Arriving late on Christmas Eve night, we were worried that there wouldn't be anyone there to check us into our rooms, but the staff were not only working late into the night, but also very friendly and welcoming.

The Hotel: Just slightly off the main road, Hotel Aaron is a mere 5 minutes walk from Venice Mestre Station. This was perfect for us, as we were arriving from France via the Eurostar trains. From the Mestre Station, you can purchase a 1euro train ticket and you are in Venice Santa Lucia Station in 15 minutes. The trains come very frequently, so worries there. There are also plenty of small restaurants along the road from Mestre Station to the Hotel.

The Rooms: We were most impressed by the room that was given to us - new, modern decor and very very clean. While it did not stand out in its size, it was still sufficently large and comfortable enough for two. Not only was there a large LCD TV, there was also a fridge stocked with reasonably-priced drinks at our disposal. The toilet too was spotless with a fresh supply of clean towels everyday.

Other comments: Free breakfast was served everyday (even on Christmas morning!) from 7-10am. We weren't able to access the Internet up in our room, but there is a computer at the lobby where you can access the Internet. Hotel Aaron is no doubt one of the most value-for-money places I have stayed in and I will definitely recommend it to my friends visiting Venice!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheryltoh
tripaaron, Direttore at Hotel Aaron, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Hi Cheryl,
thank you very much for you rewiew... I could use it for our next promotional brochure!!!
Hoping see you another time in Venice,
Regards