“Lovely Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Hotel Villa Costanza
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Fort Worth, Texas
“Lovely Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here one night during our "tour" of Italy. Being a family of five, we booked two rooms. One of our rooms was ready early, so we were able to keep our luggage there while we went in to Venice. We only had the one day, so this worked out perfectly. The rooms were decent size and very clean, which is one of our priorities in a hotel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did purchase the breakfast, which was excellent. The only down side, was we did get some confusing directions to the hotel, that cost us some time and sweat. ( not good with kids) Also, the shower was very small. Not a deal breaker, but worth mentioning. The location is fine, for a short stay. If I were to go back for a longer time, I would probably opt for a hotel in Venice to be close to the sights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelersx5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Excelente Hotel. Recomendamos!!!!!
Hotel Novíssimo. Espaçoso (3 pessoas), limpo, confortável.
Hotel / Instalações Moderna e Charmosa. Alta Tecnologia.
Recepção excelente e simpática (especialmente o Grego).
Preço excelente.
Ótima Localização, próximo a Estação de Trem que vai para Veneza.
Próximo Bons Restaurantes (Recomendado pela Recepção).

Excellent Hotel. We recommend!!
Brand new hotel. Spacious (3 people), clean, comfortable.
Hotel / Charming and Modern Amenities. High tech.
Reception excellent and friendly (especially "The Greek").
Excellent price.
Great location, near the train station that goes to Venice.
Good Restaurants Near (Recommended by the reception).

Room Tip: Todo o Hotel é Novo e com excelentes condições dos quartos.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Denver
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here 2 nights while my luggage vacationed in Germany. I can't say enough about how kind the staff were to me in helping me try to track down my bags (even calling the airline and the airports for me!!!). Dimitri felt like family by the time I left--he scolded me for not leaving enough time to get to Venice like a good-natured brother. (A good thing!) The staff helped me in every way possible. (I wish I remembered the name of the woman who checked me in; she was so sweet as well.) I can't imagine a better, friendlier place to stay for a solo traveler. My little single room (twin bed) was immaculate & very comfortable. Great shower, even complimentary goodies (fizzy water, yes!) in the fridge. Free wifi, delicious (extra $) buffet breakfast, just lovely overall. Felt like a home away from home. Nice artwork, too. Location: a tad dodgy for a woman walking alone, but less so as I got used to it. Nice restaurants not very far. Important to know: It's not 10 or 20 minutes from Venice. The bus/train ride itself isn't that long but you have to figure in walking and waiting time, so allow an hour each way. On the other hand, it's easy to get anywhere once you get the lay of the land. A short (5-10 minutes) walk to the bus, a short walk to the train, and a short walk to the fast bus to Marco Polo airport. Also--for some reason I pictured Mestre as a little town in the woods. I don't know why. It's not--it's like Brooklyn or Hoboken; very inner city feel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sharpcrayon
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here 6 nights. The Hotel has recently been renovated and we thought initially that it was new and the rooms were a good size and really well appointed. It is very well located not far from the railway station and just a short walk to the number 2 bus which goes into Venice in about 15 minutes. Breakfast was not included in our room rate but was very nice if you wanted a hotel breakfast otherwise you could get an espresso and a crossient of your choice for 2 euros in a very nice cafe next to the bus stop. There are quite a few reasonably good restaurants in the area. We were a bit worried because one review said the area was a problem and they had been pickpocketed but this was not our experience. We found it to be a reasonable residential area and quite safe at night with few people around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
Berlin
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We are travelling around Europe as a family and this hotel could not have been better. As everyone else has already said - Monica and Dimitris are very friendly and efficient and made our stay very comfortable. Free wifi always helps with teenagers. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AMPriestley
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as it was convenient for a day the trip to Venice. We really loved the hotel desk clerk who greeted us and checked us in. She was friendly and funny. We had the top room in the hotel suitable for a small family. Was clean, comfortable, and interestingly appointed. The only real problem with that the roof was slanted and I hit my head a couple times. Beds were comfortable and the he bathroom is very nice with a big Jacuzzi bathtub. The only thing I didn't like was that if you didn't want the buffet breakfast they had the option of getting a croissant and coffee however if you take that option you had to sit at the bar you couldn't sit with your friends in the restaurant. I Find it kind of strange that they wanted to separate our group just for choosing that option. The desk clerk was not very friendly when we checked out. Seems like it doesn't take much effort to be nice… But I guess it does for him.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is ok, just with few minutes walk can assess to the bus stop or train station to the Venice. Prices is acceptable. Free wifi and the room is clean. The staff is helpful. It is a good choice if you decided to visit Venice but not to stay there due to cost.

Stayed July 2014